“Very helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Vienna City
Ranked #60 of 359 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 26 October 2014

A good hotel and not far from the underground. Excellent breakfast buffet. Staff all friendly and reception very helpful. Near the market too with lots of lovely food choices.

Our room was quiet but as the weather was mild we opened the windows and sadly then had smoke from smokers sat talking in the garden.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the garden to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 October 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights late last year. It is a 20 minute walk to the centre of Vienna. Lots of nice cafes and restaurants in the area and a nice dress shop where I got my wife a nice dress as part of the trip. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff seemed very friendly. The room was modern and clean and adequate space . We didn't eat at the restaurant as it seemed quite expensive. So we ate in town or local cafes for our stay. Overall a really handy position for a hotel is you are sight seeing the historic part of Vienna

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2014

The time I spent at the Hotel was great staff were extremely polite and helpful, room was very comfortable, food in restaurant was excellent, it was very near to the underground U-Bahn I was greeted every time I entered the reception which made my stay great I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future. The WiFi was good and also free to use. This is a place you should definitely think about using as a base for your stay

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

I would certainly come back to this hotel. It's comfortably small and in a reasonably quiet side street, but only 15 minutes walk from the city centre and 5 minutes from the U-bahn.
All the staff - in every department - were friendly and helpful. I was greeted and made welcome every time I arrived or departed.
My penthouse room was clean and pleasant, and seemed to have everything I could have wanted. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom more than adequate. Except the WiFi could be slow at times.
The breakfast was more than adequate with plenty choice, but I couldn't try the evening meal because I had concerts or operas every night and the restaurant opening hours are limited.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2014

This is a fairly standard Holiday Inn and comes with what you would expect - clean rooms, pleasant staff who are proficient in English, and generally pleasant surroundings. It is tucked away off the main streets, but a quick walk to all of the city's main attractions. It's also only about 2-3 blocks from the Naschmarkt so there is an abundance of food and things to explore. We easily walked to everything from this hotel (though we are avid walkers). Parking is limited in Vienna and street parking is next to impossible. The hotel does have a very small parking garage. I would recommend asking in advance if having on-site parking is important to you. We didn't try the restaurant because there was so many other food options nearby. We had a family room, which was spacious. Overall it was a good experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family