Atlanta Hotel
US$147
US$126
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscage liftminute walkpleasant hotelfree wifitop floorenjoyed my stayroom was spaciouspleasant staynice breakfaston footstayed for nightsmini barschottentortramelevatorclerkheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I knew what I was getting into and, as such, I was not shocked about anything. I did upgrade my room because I really didn't want a single bed and the up-charge was not bad. The location felt and looked safe. That was my primary concern as a solo traveler. The building can use some upgrading, but, again, that didn't bother me. They have the essentials, including an elevator. Most of the staff was either friendly, pleasant, professional or a combination of two or more, but there was that one clerk that almost made my blood boil with the uncalled-for attitude. The WiFi can suck. I have to have it because I work on vacation. I don't need to hear "everyone else has it." What the heck good is that to me?? Anyway, I don't appreciate a clerk snapping at me just because they happen to be having a bad day, or even because they were born that way. I will leave it at that. I would stay there again. Vienna was a hard city for me to navigate on foot. The little bit of public transportation I did also intimidated me with trams stopping in the center of streets, etc. I was still trying to figure out what my GPS was doing right and wrong. However, the hotel was fairly close to the main attractions.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank qbnchick1
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Very disappointed with this smelly, creeky and old hotel. Had to carry heavy suitcases up a massive flight of stairs ( we were on the 5th floor and the lift goes to 4th floor). We had a mystery smell in the bathroom which really affected my mum's asthma and when I told the guy at the reception he shrugged his shoulders. This hotel is hardly 1 star, desperately needs a renovation - it was a high rating Booking.com which is misleading. I only picked it as it was close to AKH hospital and we had to be there early in the morning but regret my stay! Avoid like the plague!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

It was like living in a building with history. The hotel's decoration is kind of beautiful. Breakfast is nice here with plenty of choices and restaurant's environment is good.
Location is ok. With convenient transportation and we walked for around 15mins to 20mins to tourist spots.
But one of the staff's attitude was bad. The hotel doesn't provide kettle in the room. After breakfast hour, we could only get boiled water downstairs at reception. Not to mention the inconvenience of going down to the reception every time we needed water( and they didn't provide cups to drink in the room), the staff was obviously not happy about our polite requirement. He helped but his words and face gave us the feeling that the hotel was not responsible to provide cups and drinking hot water to customers.
Thus , base on the above facts, I do not recommend those who needs hot water to drink to live in this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Pros: big rooms, good location (walking distance from Christmas fairs), local transport stations very close
Cons: old furniture, wi-fi not working, not that hot the room (visited it in December).
Did not try breakfast.

Room Tip: don't accept rooms facing the boulevard, is quite noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Pros - Good location:close to tram/bus stop, cozy bed, breakfast was ok
Cons - Staff were not very friendly, Wifi not so good, room was very old

Not a lot of restaurants nearby (of course, this is not the hotel's fault). But I would consider this when staying with kids.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends