“Ignore Past Ratings”
Review of Hotel Furstenhof

Hotel Furstenhof
Ranked #203 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I am sitting in a hot reception area(there is no air-conditioning in the whole building) and I see before me a 2015 rating ex booking.com of 8.2) Gee that rating must be totally out of date ! We booked a comfort double room --it has 2 single beds no fan no air conditioning. On arrival my wife had to carry two heavy suitcases to reception where we were asked to complete a nonsense check in form --what is wrong with copying our passports --but the place looks so poor it probably doesn't have one !!

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel--it will turn a good city into something unmemorable
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I thought this hotel was very charming. I booked using booking.com and got a great rate - 42 euros for one night in a private room with ensuite. The front desk staff were very nice. The location was amazing - directly across the street from Westbahnhof metro station, which is on the same line as the main bus station that I arrived at. My room's window opened onto what looked like an alley, with other hotel rooms directly across. This would have been no problem except that the alley and windowsills were covered with pigeons, so I was scared to leave my window open for fear that one of the birds would fly inside. There was no fan and it was hot outside, but because the alley was dark, there was no hot sun coming into the room, which meant I wasn't too hot even without a fan. It was also very quiet, since the room didn't face the street!
The room was great. Everything is old, which might turn some people off, but I really liked the vibe, ugly carpet and all. The bed was really comfortable, bathroom was great, room even had a mini-fridge. Excellent wifi and even a desk to sit at. If I go back to Vienna I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of June and enjoyed it. I booked the room online but didn't get a confirmation email, so I called them. The receptionist was very friendly and confirmed my booking.

I booked an ensuite single room, which was bigger than I expected and also very clean. The room had all the utilities as described on the website, in working order. The ensuite bathroom was quite spacious too and well-maintained.

On the other side, my room was facing a main road, so I couldn't keep the windows open because of the noise. The room doesn't have AC either, so it can get a bit hot, especially in the summer. Fortunately, the room had a fan which helped cooling down.

All in all it was a pleasant stay and I recommend this hotel. The location is great, with good connections to the city and the airport, and the price is good.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2017

This place must've had of a great charme as a grand hotel sometime. It still serves great as it's at perfect location in the city. I loved the breakfast with the view on the street and the Bahnhof across.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Looks old, but everything was great. Our room was clean and spacious. The receptionists were nice and helpful. A really great hotel for the price that we paid.
It was easy to get to the center from the Westbanhof metro station. There are also busses, trams and trains.
After 10pm the reception is closed, and it opens again at 6am, so be sure to take your keys with you if you go out in the evening!
Wi-Fi didn't work well in our room, but we managed... :)

Room Tip: wifi doesn't work in all rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple