All reviews room was lovely and clean local transportation each morning good sized rooms spent nights here apartment building a great place to stay recommend staying here third floor four nights muesli minute walk city centre visiting vienna enjoyable stay quiet street side street
Reviewed 27 December 2017

To sum up our experience in Stadnest B&B, I would say that we had made the perfect choice. It's located 5 mins from WestBahn railway station on a quiet road. Barbra is an excellent host. Her daughter led us to her place and we were greeted with tea and cakes on arrival. She explained pretty much everything that a tourist would need to know about Vienna. Based on her recommendation, we had made a phone reservation at Schonbrunn palace the day before which saved us a lot of time. We had a lot of questions and she was more than happy to help...whether it was about mode of transport, food, Christmas markets etc. The Burma room is spacious, clean, has large windows opening to the road and has an attached kitchen if needed. We loved the decor of the place, especially the beautiful plants that adorn the room and the common area. If we ever go back to Vienna, this will be our first choice. This B&B is very much recommended.

Room Tip: Burma room is excellent
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shrubabati
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Barbara is a perfect host.
Room is clean, breakfast ready for the time communicated and any request or need, Barbara will take care. She will provide you any suggestion about places to visit, restaurant and shops.
If I will go again to Vienna I will come back to this b&b.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Barbara's communication prior to arrival was an example of her desire for everything to go well during our stay. It was excellent and timely. After getting us settled and providing coffee she provided us with all the essential information on transit and local restaurants. We then discussed Vienna and what to see. Barbara's experience as a hostess was apparent as she knew exactly what we needed to know. Breakfasts were good and enabled us to get a refreshing start to our days in Vienna. The room was relatively large by European standards and very comfortable. A great place to call home for a few days.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

This is my favorite kind of B&B. Low-key, solidly comfortable, well-located, not fussy or pretentious, and with an experienced and gracious host. There are only two rooms here, and there is a minimum stay. I stayed in Hof Zimmer, a room large enough for two. There's a closet, a chest of drawers, 2 nightstands, 2 small tables, a small sofa, a fan (there's no air conditioning), a television, and a bed with a very comfortable mattress. The bathroom has a shower only---no tub. These rooms are on the third floor of a residential apartment building, but my room was very quiet, especially at night. There's a computer for the use of guests, and you have use of the kitchen, as well. Breakfast has almost too many choices to think about! Barbara asks you to choose what you'd like the night before, and you'll be hard-pressed to decide between eggs, cheeses, meats, muesli, toast, porridge, fruit, homemade preserves, and more.

Barbara has extensive knowledge of the local area, and she'll have no problem directing you to anything you'd like to see. There are two grocery stores and a metro stop within a short walk, not to mention Mariahilfstrasse, a major shopping street. When I was not feeling well on my day of check-out, Barbara very kindly allowed me to stay past check-out time.

I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank VoixDuChocolat
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Just returned from a very enjoyable stay at this apartment with my family. We loved having the apartment to ourselves as my family was in one room with my parents in another room. The rooms are large, very clean and nicely decorated with a lovely surprise of a new chocolate each morning (which my 4 year old loved). There is a lift to the apartments as well as stairs.

Barbara the owner is very friendly and hospitable and will help you with options in what to do and see and the best way to get there.

The location was good, just down a side street from the Main shopping area with plenty of cafes and food choices nearby - i recommend having some lunch or coffee & cake in the Vegan Supermarket cafe a few doors away, i thought the food was delicious there. To get to St Stephens Cathedral, it’s around a 20/30 minute walk but with great transport links in Vienna it’s so easy to get anywhere without too much walking!

The breakfast is served in the hall outside your room and in the kitchen beside it where we chose what we wanted the evening before and time we would like it served - good options and very enjoyble start to the day.

If you’re planning on a trip to Vienna I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family