Enter City Hotel
Smarthotel Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Scandic Grand Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$105
US$149
US$136
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Enter Viking Hotel(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$99
US$88
US$130
US$121
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso(Tromso)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$94
Trip.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscity livingsmall kitchenettemini kitchenfree laundrynorthern lightskitchen areaseparate bedroomself caterstayed here for nightsdining tableextra towelsconvenient locationthe hotel receptionsofa bedfloor heatingairport busexcellent location
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We stayed here for 7 nights in May 2017 and were very happy with the hotel. The room we booked had a kitchenette, which included a fridge, 2 hobs, pots/pans, plates and cutlery etc - which was very useful. The room was clean and a decent size - including two chairs, table and a tv. The shower was good and powerful.

The hotel itself is pretty basic, and if you want clean towels, more toilet roll etc then you get these yourself from an area on the 2nd floor in the hotel. We didn't find that a problem though, and actually quite liked that someone wasn't coming into your room each day to make it up when this isn't needed. Ideally would have been nice to have a dustpan / brush in the room though to help keep the floor clean (due to dirt from walking boots etc that was brought back into the room).

Tromso isn't a big place, so it's within short walking distance of most places. The harbour where boat tours depart from is 5 minutes walk, as is the Tourist Information centre.

Overall, very pleased with our stay here and would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KML1983
Joachim K, General Manager at Enter City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hello KML1983

Thank you so much for your kind review, i really do appreciate that you gave us some feedback regarding the cleaning of the rooms as it has been a case we have been talking about changing. Some people find it very annoying and others find it very convenient and easy, your comment about the dustpans is a very good one and i will definitely get that placed in all our rooms, again thank you so much! Hope to have you back one day!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I have stayed in this hotel for a couple of times. The hotel has a nice location near the city center and the shopping center. Rooms are not large, but equipped with everything one would need, including small kitchen cabinet. Hotel in general is well maintained and clean. Good choice for a reasonable price

Room Tip: some rooms have a view over the street, some others face other buildings
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Hello George_Lobzhandize

Thank you so much for your kind review!
We work hard to keep it at a reasonable price with a high standard, we hope to have you back one day!

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Central location was good. Reception staff helpful.
All clean and comfortable.
But felt like a single room.
Our double bed was 2 singles put together in the corner. This made it hard to get in and out without disturbing your partner.
Also shower room had a very small wash hand basin and no shelf to put things on. Or anywhere to leave unused towels.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Jane

Thank you for your kind review!
In our standard double rooms the bed does indeed have a wall on 2 sides which can make it a bit of an annoyance to get out of the bed without waking your partner in the night. Next time you are going to Tromsø please contact us at Post@citylivingtromso.no and we will be able to book you in a room that meets your expectations. Regarding the bathroom i will look into the current setup to see if we can improve it in some ways to make it more convenient for our guests, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I picked this hotel based on other reviews for being clean, convenient, low cost, and it had free laundry.

I was on a work trip in France and found myself with 3 days to do something so I figured it would be good to get the Fjords and the aurora off the bucket list.

The bed was a single which was the smallest I've been in for quite some time but comfortable enough. Given my crazy tour hours and hiking I could have slept on the floor.

There was a grocery market nearby where I picked up breakfast goodies and snack basics.

The free laundry was nice to have, though it took a while to figure out the machines.
I had to buy my own laundry detergent. I left it for the next folks.

It was pretty warm though it was snowing for my entire stay.
There was a tree outside my room that I watch fill up with snow
and birds.

Check in and out was easy.

It was pretty close to the airport bus drop off.location

As for location, everything is convenient in that part of town.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank BigCavePlug

Hello Bigcaveplug

Thank you so much for your kind review, i am very happy you had a good stay with us! All the beds have now been changed, not for the bigger but the bed itself is now better than when you were here! Hope to have you back some day

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The hotel is well located easy access to everywhere surrounded with nice restaurant. The room is simple . the bed is abit soft for people like me with a back problem. During winter it is a blessing to have heated floor toilets. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The best thing is you could cook a simple meal in the room especially in the cold at night when you dun feel like putting on those layers of clothing going out. Enjoy my stay will come back again on a different season.

Room Tip: All the room is about the same book early.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Hello Ann

Thank you so much for your kind review, we appreciate it alot!
The beds in the hotel has now been changed and should be much better for your back! I hope to see you here some time, please contact us at post@citylivingtromso.no and we will give you the same price or better than what you could find online!