“Terrific tour; amazing lights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chasing Lights

Chasing Lights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let us design your itinerary in Tromso for a personal and extraordinary experience you will not soon forget. From your transport to accommodation to day and night tours, we are available to help you plan out various aspects of your itinerary. Your Northern Lights chases are guided by a mix of professional tour guides, photographers, and experienced aurora hunters. If you have a particular interest in mind, we can help. Our packages include: - Northern lights chases - Fjord excursions - Dog-sledding - Snow-mobile - Ice fishing - Whale watching tours - Hotel - Transport - Food - Winter gear - And more!
Melbourne, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Terrific tour; amazing lights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on 31st March, 2017 with my mum on the Chasing Lights northern lights small-group tour. There were 13 of us. Our guide was Noora, and our driver Jarek. What beautiful people they are! Both were so helpful and attentive.

We drove for 2.5 hours to the border of Finland from Tromso, and were lucky enough to see the lights starting out at about 9:30pm. Then, what a spectacular show we were treated to! Noora assisted us with changing our cameras to the optimal settings to take photos of the Aurora. Tripods were provided. We were treated to hot chocolate and cookies (delicious), and later to a campfire dinner. Depending on the night, you may have (for example) beef stew or fish stew. There was also a vegan option. I did not partake in either, myself (I simply wasn't hungry) but it seemed to be well-received by my fellow travelers. Toasted marshmallows after.

We were outside for about 3 hours in total observing the lights. Warm weather clothes and boots are provided as needed, if you don't have your own.

At about 12:30am, we began our journey home to Tromso, and we were dropped off at our hotels about 3am.

If you don't get many great photos yourself of the lights (eg. if your camera is not ideal for this), don't worry- your guide will send you all of their photos via email almost immediately after the tour. As your night goes on, your guide will also take portraits of you with and/or without your travel companions with the Aurora in the background- a beautiful keepsake- and these are included in those provided afterwards.

Could not speak more highly of this tour! Was cautious before booking, but I honestly feel this was the best way to see the lights. Would very highly recommend! As it was, my last-minute decision to book on this tour was my last chance to see the Aurora before I left Scandanavia, and I was blessed with the rewards! Thankyou to Noora and Jarek!

Visited March 2017

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went out on 31st Mar with the tour to chase the lights. my guide was Noora and driver is Jarek. It was Jarek birthday on that day and we are very lucky to see the northern lights and it was dancing as well! Both Noora and Jarek is helpful and thanks to Noora for all the wonderful photos she had captured for us. I would strongly recommend you to book your tour with chasing lights to witness the beauty of the green lady!

Visited March 2017
1 Thank HoWz331
Bucharest, Romania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We saw them!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Number One on my list: the Northern Lights! In our very first night in Tromso we went with Chasing Lights to Chase the Lights the guys (Mick and David) explained very well what we were in for. We went out, we froze a little bit - mind you, the bus has the engine turned and you can easily go inside and get warm-, we saw the amazing amazing lights, we had a lot of hot chocolate and then we saw some more lights.

Visited February 2017
1 Thank BiancaDumitru-Bolanu
Dublin Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went on a trip with chasing lights to see the northern lights. The whole trip was fantastic from start to finish. Well organised.
The staff member assigned was Ewelina and she was brilliant at her job. She put in such effort to get photos for everyone and even stopped the bus on the way back at 130am as she saw a great photo opportunity.
I would really recommend chasing lights as if there is northern lights visible anywhere the night you go they will find them. Distance no object.
They also send a copy of the photos they take the next morning.

Visited April 2017
1 Thank pinkie30
“Short trip to see the loghts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband I have always had seeing the northern lights on our bucket list and this company did not disappoint. We booked the minibus tour for 2 nights just in case. The company is extremely responsive and responded to all emails within an hour. Their email responses are extremely professional and removed all ambiguity. The company contacted us the morning of the trip and let us know the when to be outside our hotel for pick up. Our guide (marek) was knowledgeable and welcoming. He made sure to let us know there was no guarantee of seeing the lights,but went out of his way to find the best location. We had a delicious stew under the stars and the lights did not disappoint. We felt relaxed and looked after the entire trip. The weather was bad on the second night and the company called us to offer a full refund ,as seeing the lights was not likely. In my opinion, this company is worth every penny. We would absolutely use them again.

Visited April 2017