“Trying my luck with one night to see the Northern Lights”
Review of Chasing Lights

Chasing Lights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let us design your itinerary in Tromso for a personal and extraordinary experience you will not soon forget. From your transport to accommodation to day and night tours, we are available to help you plan out various aspects of your itinerary. Your Northern Lights chases are guided by a mix of professional tour guides, photographers, and experienced aurora hunters. If you have a particular interest in mind, we can help. Our packages include: - Northern lights chases - Fjord excursions - Dog-sledding - Snow-mobile - Ice fishing - Whale watching tours - Hotel - Transport - Food - Winter gear - And more!
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Marek and Jorg were fantastic! We had extremely lucky weather and clear sky around Tromso. They took us to a few viewing points as the sun was setting so we could take some photos and admire the gorgeous scenery. The mini bus was luxurious and had wifi (not that we needed that). Marek took us to set up camp and suddenly the sky exploded. It was amazing and the lights kept coming all night! I'll recommend this company to everyone! Very professional and had all the knowledge to back up the lights. I received Mareks photos before they'd even dropped us back at our hotels! :)

1  Thank Jess B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)
All reviews
in 41 reviews
"mother nature"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I went out to chase the Norther Lights with "Jonas & Jarek" in the night of 27 March, 2017, with 10 other members from different parts of the world.

Everything went flawless, Jonas was so enthusiastic and keen in his job. He was so quick and perfect in chasing the lights and taking memorable pictures for everyone without being tired. He seemed to enjoy the light not less than any of us, despite that he might have seen it for hundreds time. The night's spirit went high and everyone was so happy.

It means a lot to me because I might not be able to find time or occasion to come back again if I missed a thing this time. Chasing Lights did not disappoint me at all. I strongly recommend the company for every visitor.

PS: Sorry, I did not help looking the way through the snow storm on the way back. Everyone was so excited on the scene that we slept like dead on the way back hahaha.

Again, thank you very much for everything the team did. Well-done !

1  Thank Nathin T
Reviewed 9 April 2017

I went on 31st March, 2017 with my mum on the Chasing Lights northern lights small-group tour. There were 13 of us. Our guide was Noora, and our driver Jarek. What beautiful people they are! Both were so helpful and attentive.

We drove for 2.5 hours to the border of Finland from Tromso, and were lucky enough to see the lights starting out at about 9:30pm. Then, what a spectacular show we were treated to! Noora assisted us with changing our cameras to the optimal settings to take photos of the Aurora. Tripods were provided. We were treated to hot chocolate and cookies (delicious), and later to a campfire dinner. Depending on the night, you may have (for example) beef stew or fish stew. There was also a vegan option. I did not partake in either, myself (I simply wasn't hungry) but it seemed to be well-received by my fellow travelers. Toasted marshmallows after.

We were outside for about 3 hours in total observing the lights. Warm weather clothes and boots are provided as needed, if you don't have your own.

At about 12:30am, we began our journey home to Tromso, and we were dropped off at our hotels about 3am.

If you don't get many great photos yourself of the lights (eg. if your camera is not ideal for this), don't worry- your guide will send you all of their photos via email almost immediately after the tour. As your night goes on, your guide will also take portraits of you with and/or without your travel companions with the Aurora in the background- a beautiful keepsake- and these are included in those provided afterwards.

Could not speak more highly of this tour! Was cautious before booking, but I honestly feel this was the best way to see the lights. Would very highly recommend! As it was, my last-minute decision to book on this tour was my last chance to see the Aurora before I left Scandanavia, and I was blessed with the rewards! Thankyou to Noora and Jarek!

2  Thank Sharon J
Reviewed 7 April 2017

Went out on 31st Mar with the tour to chase the lights. my guide was Noora and driver is Jarek. It was Jarek birthday on that day and we are very lucky to see the northern lights and it was dancing as well! Both Noora and Jarek is helpful and thanks to Noora for all the wonderful photos she had captured for us. I would strongly recommend you to book your tour with chasing lights to witness the beauty of the green lady!

3  Thank HoWz331