“Excellent tour group, and yes we saw the northern lights! No base camp needed!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chasing Lights

Chasing Lights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let us design your itinerary in Tromso for a personal and extraordinary experience you will not soon forget. From your transport to accommodation to day and night tours, we are available to help you plan out various aspects of your itinerary. Your Northern Lights chases are guided by a mix of professional tour guides, photographers, and experienced aurora hunters. If you have a particular interest in mind, we can help. Our packages include: - Northern lights chases - Fjord excursions - Dog-sledding - Snow-mobile - Ice fishing - Whale watching tours - Hotel - Transport - Food - Winter gear - And more!
Poipu, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We planned our trip a few months ahead and booked two northern lights trips with another company- before we went to Tromsø we thought it would be best for our children (twins, 10) to have a 'base camp' to retreat to if they got too cold.
On our first trip to the 'base camp' we didn't see the northern lights, and the 'base camp' was too small and smoky... big disappointment....
A day later, we were walking through tromso when we noticed the Chasing Lights store front and booked for the same night-
It turns out NOT having a base camp is a benefit because they are free to 'chase the lights!' As opposed to having to be stuck at one location (base camp). And when the children were cold they were able to board the bus to warm up! This is a benefit I would not have realized before traveling to Norway!
If you want a near guarantee of seeing the northern lights I highly recommend Chasing lights! I hope to return some day! Thank you for the adventure, it was beautiful!

Visited February 2017
2 Thank Wldflwr16

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Passionate guides, must book them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked for 3 nights Northern light chase with Chasing lights. They were attentive from the beginning when i enquired about the tour, I was traveling alone.
The first night, Evelina was the guide and she was full of energy and passionate about chasing the light, she was honest that it's the end of season, there might be chances not able to see it but she use her network of friends and sky camera around the region to look for clear sky and signs of northern light. There was a driver as well and she could focus in talking to us and navigate

Once we settled for a spot after a couple of hours drive, she quickly setup her camera to observe the sky to find the light, meanwhile she made fire and hot chocolate. The light shown up and she used her camera to take picture of me, I didn't have a good camera. We were all very happy.

The second night, Chasing light had to cancel the trip as there was only me in the tour, so I book another company. For sure it wasn't as good. As the guide was the driver and he drove randomly, not much of explaining or using sky camera. So we didn't see any

The third night, Marek was the guide. Again, you can see that he is passionate, excited and Adventurous. He made the chase like an adventure. Really make it fun and engage.

Well done Chasing Light, I will for sure book them for other tours when I am back.

Visited April 2017
1 Thank L-YWL
Manchester
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great trip with a great guide ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would recommend Chasing Lights. All staff we spoke to (in person and via email) were professional, polite and knew their stuff.
We opted for a minibus trip and our guide was Marius. He was very knowledgeable and kept us informed every step of the way.
The service was excellent and as described on their website (campfire, soup, tea etc). We also received all of the photos Marius took and an email detailing the details of the trip we had undertaken.
We even drove to Finland on the night, as we were near the border, to take a group pic.

Visited March 2017
1 Thank Fontwell36
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelente customer service, amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am really happy about this experience! first of all, the amazing customer service, the two guys that guided us, they were amazing, very passionate, and professionals. second of all, the experience, to live that natural show, was wonderful, even when you are there, you can not believe it! I really recommend this tour! I went in November 2016, and the sky was clear and the moon full

Visited November 2016
1 Thank Jennifer J
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Trying my luck with one night to see the Northern Lights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Marek and Jorg were fantastic! We had extremely lucky weather and clear sky around Tromso. They took us to a few viewing points as the sun was setting so we could take some photos and admire the gorgeous scenery. The mini bus was luxurious and had wifi (not that we needed that). Marek took us to set up camp and suddenly the sky exploded. It was amazing and the lights kept coming all night! I'll recommend this company to everyone! Very professional and had all the knowledge to back up the lights. I received Mareks photos before they'd even dropped us back at our hotels! :)

Visited April 2017