“We found lights when no one else did”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chasing Lights

Chasing Lights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let us design your itinerary in Tromso for a personal and extraordinary experience you will not soon forget. From your transport to accommodation to day and night tours, we are available to help you plan out various aspects of your itinerary. Your Northern Lights chases are guided by a mix of professional tour guides, photographers, and experienced aurora hunters. If you have a particular interest in mind, we can help. Our packages include: - Northern lights chases - Fjord excursions - Dog-sledding - Snow-mobile - Ice fishing - Whale watching tours - Hotel - Transport - Food - Winter gear - And more!
Taipei, Taiwan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“We found lights when no one else did”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

A friend and I signed up for one night with Chasing Lights and were not disappointed.

I found Chasing Lights via online search and we decided we'd give them a go since they had so many fantastic reviews. We were realistic in understanding that whether or not we saw the lights would depend on weather, which can't be controlled.

We did our chase in October 2016 and the night we went out the weather was pretty crap. There was a thick layer of clouds over Tromsø, but the tour went on hoping that we'd be able to find a break in the clouds.

Thomas, our guide, was very knowledgeable and kind. We stayed in an airbnb so they picked us up at the nearest hotel to our place. The minivan was very comfortable and pretty damn fancy for a minivan.

The night we went out Chasing Lights had two vans out. We drove for a few hours unable to find anything but thick cloud cover. Things were not looking good. The two vans decided to split up hoping that one would find something and communicate it to the other. Luckily, this worked. Our van was headed in the wrong direction, but the other van found a clear patch of sky in Skibotndalen. We would later discover in the coming days that Chasing Lights seemed to be the only tour company that found the lights that night. We came across many other that went out the same night we did and didn't see anything.

From there it was all about waiting and sure enough the lights showed up dancing across our little patch of clear sky.

The weather was incredibly windy and cold that night. Because of this, the soup and hot cocoa provided ended up being cold, and eating soup ended up being a little messy. This is one thing I feel like they could improve on.

Other than that, the thermal suit was incredibly warm and they have tripods for everyone that needed one. Thomas sent us links to a dropbox folder with all the photos he had taken that night as well as a detailed itinerary of all the places we stopped on our chase.

Overall, I would recommend a chase with Chasing Lights if you're looking for a more professional, formal type of experience.

Visited October 2016
1 Thank brassalpaca

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
Poipu, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent tour group, and yes we saw the northern lights! No base camp needed!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We planned our trip a few months ahead and booked two northern lights trips with another company- before we went to Tromsø we thought it would be best for our children (twins, 10) to have a 'base camp' to retreat to if they got too cold.
On our first trip to the 'base camp' we didn't see the northern lights, and the 'base camp' was too small and smoky... big disappointment....
A day later, we were walking through tromso when we noticed the Chasing Lights store front and booked for the same night-
It turns out NOT having a base camp is a benefit because they are free to 'chase the lights!' As opposed to having to be stuck at one location (base camp). And when the children were cold they were able to board the bus to warm up! This is a benefit I would not have realized before traveling to Norway!
If you want a near guarantee of seeing the northern lights I highly recommend Chasing lights! I hope to return some day! Thank you for the adventure, it was beautiful!

Visited February 2017
1 Thank Wldflwr16
Hong Kong, China
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Passionate guides, must book them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked for 3 nights Northern light chase with Chasing lights. They were attentive from the beginning when i enquired about the tour, I was traveling alone.
The first night, Evelina was the guide and she was full of energy and passionate about chasing the light, she was honest that it's the end of season, there might be chances not able to see it but she use her network of friends and sky camera around the region to look for clear sky and signs of northern light. There was a driver as well and she could focus in talking to us and navigate

Once we settled for a spot after a couple of hours drive, she quickly setup her camera to observe the sky to find the light, meanwhile she made fire and hot chocolate. The light shown up and she used her camera to take picture of me, I didn't have a good camera. We were all very happy.

The second night, Chasing light had to cancel the trip as there was only me in the tour, so I book another company. For sure it wasn't as good. As the guide was the driver and he drove randomly, not much of explaining or using sky camera. So we didn't see any

The third night, Marek was the guide. Again, you can see that he is passionate, excited and Adventurous. He made the chase like an adventure. Really make it fun and engage.

Well done Chasing Light, I will for sure book them for other tours when I am back.

Visited April 2017
1 Thank L-YWL
Manchester
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great trip with a great guide ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I would recommend Chasing Lights. All staff we spoke to (in person and via email) were professional, polite and knew their stuff.
We opted for a minibus trip and our guide was Marius. He was very knowledgeable and kept us informed every step of the way.
The service was excellent and as described on their website (campfire, soup, tea etc). We also received all of the photos Marius took and an email detailing the details of the trip we had undertaken.
We even drove to Finland on the night, as we were near the border, to take a group pic.

Visited March 2017
1 Thank Fontwell36
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelente customer service, amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am really happy about this experience! first of all, the amazing customer service, the two guys that guided us, they were amazing, very passionate, and professionals. second of all, the experience, to live that natural show, was wonderful, even when you are there, you can not believe it! I really recommend this tour! I went in November 2016, and the sky was clear and the moon full

Visited November 2016