See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2017

First of all, let me say that the apartment itself was very nice with all the commodities you could want. This would have been a perfect trip, if everything had gone perfectly. Unfortunately, we had to deal with the staff because of a mistake made in our booking.
Me and my parents were traveling together and had booked a 2 bedroom apartment 6 weeks prior I think. through booking.com. In any case, once we were in Oslo at 7:30 am to pick up our keys, there was no one at the desk. We had 4 suit cases with us and had to wait outside in the pooring rain, even though I had specified out time of arrival on the booking. Didn't seem to matter to them, and the emergency phone number they had on the door outside just rang and rang, no answer. We must have called at least 5 times, because when it was 8, and then 8:15 and then 8:25, no one was there yet to open the door. We had to be elsewhere at 8:30, so we had to pick up all our suit cases again and get into a taxi at that point, fuming. When we were in the taxi, someone from their office finally called me, informing me that something had gone wrong with the booking, so they hadn't seen it until the day before and therefore had double booked the room. The lady "kindly" offered me a 1 bedroom apartment with the sofa made up as a bed at a 15% reduced price. I didn't have any patience at that time to talk about it, because we were leaving the taxi, and told her I'd like to talk it over when we got to the office again.
When we go back there at 9:30, again in a taxi with 4 suit cases, FINALLY it was open. And then the most clueless person greeted us. We explained our situation and how we were not at all happy with the arrangement and wanted to talk to someone who knew about it. This lady kept insisting on "No, you got the offer on the phone right? You can check yourselves in over there" and no matter what she said, she kept repeating that sentence over and over again. In addition, she said she had been at the desk since 6 am, which was an utter lie. In the end, since we just couldn't get anything out of this woman, we gave up.
When we get to this 1 bedroom apartment, we see that the sofa is not made up or ready.There are no extra covers, no extra towels, nothing. Just one bed for 3 people. I had to call twice again to get them over there to get it fixed up. They brough over a cheap foldable bed from IKEA which was like a rock and sounded like a tortured dog if you dared to move on it.
Will never stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank elinborg_st
FrognerHouse, Front Office and Booking Consultant at Frogner House Apartments - Frydenlundgata 2, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review.

We are sorry to hear that we could not deliver up to your expectations. You are more than welcome to write an email to us to post@frognerhouse.no in order for us to look into the matter and make sure we correct ourselves for the future.

Have a great day and hope to hear from you.

Best regards,
Therese

Reviewed 26 March 2017

This apartment was beautiful, spotlessly clean, and well located with a cafe downstairs and a supermarket within 5 minutes walk. It was spacious enough to host colleagues of an evening, and the beds were comfortable.

There were a number of issues, that while niggly, would not have prevented me staying again (but did feel a bit cheap): The toiletries left were very limited, and there was no laundry powder and only a single dishwasher tablet (for a 3 day stay). There were only three thin pillows for a double+single bed configuration, and access to the apartments was up a narrow flight of stairs.

There were three issues, though, that would cause me to reconsider staying here again:

1) the free wifi, while fast, is capped at a small number of mb per day (not well advertised at the time of booking)
2) The washing machine was fiendishly difficult to work, and we never did get it to spin out our clothes meaning we had to drip dry them from sopping. There were no instructions for it in any language
3) (This one is the real kicker for me) We could not collect keys on site. We had to trek halfway across Oslo in -8C weather only to be grunted at and pointed to a machine that printed out our keys; why they could not have such a machine onsite (or even at the train station) is beyond me.

Great apartment, pretty awful service. Don't think I'd be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank DiemEst
FrognerHouse, Front Office at Frogner House Apartments - Frydenlundgata 2, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking of your time to write a review!
We are sorry to hear that your stay did not lived up to your expectations and will take your feedback with us further in our work to become even better.

We hope you will give us an second chance,

Kind Regards,