“A perfect place for very special occasions.”
Review of Maaemo

Maaemo
Ranked #3 of 1,612 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The food is SO good and even though the place is exclusive, the atmosphere is informal. All staff is enthusiasticly informing you about both the food and the philosophy of the place. Extremely expensive but value for money! If you decide to visit the place, go for the wines as well - they manage to match food and wines to perfection!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The meal was very good, but my wife did not like the living clamp. I was specially good service. The price was a bit high.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My husband surprised me for my birthday. It was a beautiful experience - the decor was minimalistic, the crockery was stunning!

The food was spectacular and full of delicious flavour. The crab was truly melting in the mouth .... the ice cream was the best we've ever had and oh my gosh, that savoury brioche was simply out of the world!!!!!
The wine pairing was ok ... we've had better.

Having eaten at top restaurants in the world I would say this experience rates with them apart from the personal touch. For me, the difference between Maaemo and other top restaurants (Osteria Francescana .... or El Celler de Can Roca .... or Mugaritz) is the personal touch.
I felt Masemo seemed more like a process.
At the end of our meal I felt a bit rushed. I was disappointed that there was no "birthday dessert" or "complimentary birthday drink" .... as I've had that at all the other restaurants mentioned above.

This was also the most expensive compared to the above mentioned restaurants!

Thank you for a delicious meal.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

If it were not for the generosity of my brother-in-law on the occasion of two important family birthdays, I would not have got to this restaurant, but am I glad I did? Till now my own top restaurant was Martin Berasategui, highly rated by trip advisor, but it has been displaced in my estimation. Maaemo takes up were El Bully left off, with highly imaginative and varied dishes to surprise and stimulate the palate. As far as I am aware, in booking one is committing to a tasting menu, but portions are very well judged. In for a penny, in for a pound. If you have decided to come here, it is worth going for the wine pairings, but be warned that they work out at close on £200 per person. The staff are impressive, all well briefed on what they are serving, and clearly engaged. The oldest chef on our night there was a 29 year old Irishman. Sublime

Reviewed 23 December 2017

its not only food, this is an experience unlike anything. went here for my gf birthday, cannot describe it really, just has to be experienced

1  Thank Anders S