“Excellent Hot and Sour Soup in Oslo Center. ”

Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #164 of 1,614 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We dined at Oriental Restaurant based on reviews from TripAdvisor and other sources. We were seated at approximately 23:00 on a Wednesday night and there was only one other couple in the pace. My concerns were quickly quashed after we were served our hot & sour soup. It was outstanding. I have been to Hong Kong and this soup was as good as any I tried there. Our entrees (orange chicken, beef tenderloin and broccoli) were also spot on and very authentic.

Even though the name could be a little more creative, we highly recommend Oriental Restaurant.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Nice resturant with great food and service. We tried dimsum and chrispy duck. Very satisfied with the food. It's possible to eat outside on the balcony if the weather is nice.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

We had a great experience here today, with short waiting time for the food, and excellent quality and flavours of the meal. All four of us were very pleased with the dinner, from the lovely plate of 5 different dumplings, to the crispy duck, the chicken gong bao and the fried scampi. The staff were attentive and friendly. We'll be back.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Just had really nice dumblings. The weather is nice so you can sit outside. The service is kind and helpful.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

I have been to both the restaurant at Grensen and the new branch at Majorstuen. They have the same menu, and the food quality is quite consistent. The one at Grensen probably more 'established' in terms of the environment and the service. The new one at Majorstuen has lack of decent decorations and staffs (only 2 waiters). However, Oriental Majorstuen is more spacious and less crowded. Both are situated nearby the T-bane stations.

In terms of food, as a Chinese myself, I LOVE the food a lot! I used to order seafood pot (Sha cha seafood pot or Lobster Hoi Sin Pot), and sweet and sour pork (Gu Lou Yok). They are quite generous in the food portion. I got the whole lobster, and lots of king crabs, mussels and big prawns in my seafood pot. Gu Lou Yok has been listed as a 'must-order' at Oriental. They taste so good! Desserts are not too special.

I will definitely go back again.