“Really good food, very good service and excellent value for money”
Review of Brasserie France

Brasserie France
Ranked #24 of 1,614 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$27 - US$36
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2018

This is my new favourite restaurant in Oslo. Already when you enter the place, it feels better than most other restaurants in the city. The atmosphere is nice and still relaxed. From the moment I was welcomed until I closed the door behind me the service was great. I felt welcome, and taken care of.

But most importantly the food was very good. And for being in a city that is among the expensive ones, the prices make this a superb value for money. As an example, the rib eye I had this evening was priced at 325 NOK. A few weeks ago I had a rib eye at a place called Egon (review posted here as well), which was priced 322 NOK, but the food was not near as good as here (not to mention the service - or the lack of it).

This place gets my best recommendations!

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere and nicely decorated. Food really good and nicely presented. Service was top class and everyone was in good humour. Had the Cod and it was cooked to perfection. Cheese selection was excellent- really knowledgeable man with the cheeses and the walnuts in wine syrup were special.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I have only been to Oslo twice, but this is my favorite restaurant. We are actually considering going for a weekend, just to eat here again! It is expensive, but the food and service are impeccable. A work colleague of my fiancé recommended this restaurant, I looked at the menu and was interested, after our first visit we were already planning our next meal there!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Some friends and I went to have our annual "julebord". Some ordered duck, the rest, including myself, ordered bouillabaise. The courses were top-notch. Also the wines and the desserts were very good - in addition the staff were very friendly and very good at advising us about the wines.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Had been looking forward to visiting this restaurant for a while. And I was not disappointed, although I did not have the guts to try the snails. Had the steamed mussels with fries and aioli and it was very nice, but the Croque Madame looked better. Will try it next time. Had an oyster as appetizer and it was great! Genuine French interior and atmosphere, just as I hoped. Quick and pleasant service. I will definitely return.