US$232
US$217
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$102
  • Restaurant
US$190
  • Breakfast included
Thon Hotel Cecil(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$147
Smarthotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$97
Scandic Byporten(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$226
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Xpress Central Station(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$143
  • Bar/Lounge
US$153
US$107
Agoda.com
Saga Poshtel Oslo Central(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$105
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Scandic Holmenkollen Park(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$167
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationcentral stationthe main streetgluten free optionsrooms are smallthe heart of the citystayed here for one nightlate checkhotel is locatedgreat showerlong weekendhotel is perfectwould stay here againbreakfast was deliciousfree tea and coffeevisiting oslodouble bed
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I stayed here on a Friday night for my office summer party and had chosen the hotel for its very central location and good price (booked direct via the hotels web site since I am a Choice Hotel member). On Friday nights (in the summer?) they have a DJ and outside bar in the courtyard so it was lively when I arrived in the evening. I would be cautious about staying here on a Friday if wasn't in the mood for a party, but I could be wrong. For me it wasn't a problem as I came back late (3 am). The room was small but very clean and perfect for me. I didn't try any of services like free wifi or the breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the courtyard if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Stayed here for three nights. My room was booked by the University of Oslo, so I don't know about the price. The hotel is modern and stylish, it looks like it is better suited for a short break than for business/working purposes. My room wasn' small, but narrow anyway. It contained a very small desk for work, and it was hard to find room for the chair between the desk and my bed. The bed was great by the way. There was an aircon system (regulated from my room) at work, which was fine as these were warm summer evenings, at least by Norwegian standards.

Had to wait a bit for the lifts to arrive, partly due to the fact that there are two levels on each floor, and the lift can be directed to both of them. Service was great, breakfast average. The outside bar was a gem in the warm evenings. Had a fish meal at the restaurant one evening, which was also great.

I might have liked this hotel more if I had holiday purposes, but as I also needed to work, my room didn't fully meet my expectations. Should mention that there were absolutly no cups or glasses in my room, not even plastic glasses for my toothbrush. Strange.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Loud music at the middle of the night even hereable in the last floor. Probably not an hotel for business people who are there to get some sleep and not to party. So just my experience to share so some people can avoid the inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Karl Johan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hi there.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and comments.

It's really sad to read about your comments in regards to loud music in the evening.
We are a business hotel and most of our guest during mid week are staying in relation to business and conferences. We are therefore very focused on delivering on our promises to provide a good night sleep for our guests, as we know the importance of that.

It is clear that we have failed this time and this is very unfortunate and I'm honestly very sad to hear that.

There was an event in the building and this caused more noise than expected - we have learned from this and will make necessary amendments in order to reduce the risk of noise in our Hotel again.

We wish you a great Summer

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Pros
Great location
Great look to the hotel
Free wifi
Breakfast included
Comfy beds
Lots of plugs in the room
Hotel and room very clean

Cons
Impracticality of rooms
(There was nowhere to store your case let alone your clothes, no glass for when brushing teeth or to drink the wonderful tap water from and the curtains didn’t block out the bright nights.)

Breakfast was poorly run
(There was often 10 or more tables free but were unusable because the dirty plates hadn’t been cleared. Juice and water was often empty.)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hey there.

So happy to hear from you. And big thanks for staying with us and giving us such great constructive comments.

We will take this feedback and make actions ASAP. We love feedback from our guests and when we can improve and ultimately provide a better service and product delivery, then we really have made something right. Thanks for helping us in doing so.

All the best and again, thanks a million for letting us know.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights. I asked for a quiet room and was given one overlooking the inner courtyard. Restaurant tables are in this courtyard so it is noisy until aftern10 PM.

However, on my last night it was very noisy until 1 AM. It was employees doing something--sounded like moving furniture--and talking loudly. I called the front desk at 11:30 asking if they could do something. They said they would. It stopped for 15 minutes before starting up again.

I had to get up early to catch a train so I had little sleep.

I also agree with previous statements about the breakfast staff. One morning they were nowhere in site....all free tables were dirty, no coffee, no plates, no silverware. They showed up a few minutes before closing and took away all the food by 9:35.

Lastly, the hotel is trying to be green and there is a sign in the rooms urging you to drink tap water. Nice except there are no glasses or cups in the rooms.

On the positive it is in a good location and the two guys who work in the patio restaurant are very nice.

But the next time I am in Oslo I will stay somewhere else.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hey there.

So so sad to read that your experience with us was not a great one. We have not delivered on our promises and truly failed you - this makes me very sad.

We have had a meeting with the Restaurants guys and once again gone through our policy and routines in terms of noisy work after bed-time.

Clearly we have a few amendments to do and a proper "shape-up" and trust me, we will do that NOW and make sure that all staff are fully trained and have the same attitude that our Hotel will provide a great time to our guests.

So sorry and I truly hope that you will consider to stay with us again so we can prove that we can do a lot better than this.