“Great atmosphere”

Der Peppern Gror
Ranked #17 of 1,614 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Amazing food and great service. The venue is also great! I brought 40 co-workers here, several of them from India and they loved the food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I arrived alone one evening , being on a short business trip and could not have been made to feel more welcome. This included pro- actively engaging in conversation beyond the menu. I sat at a bar overlooking the kitchen and although the restaurant was very busy - the chefs were swift yet unhurried , the preparation and cooking authentic from base spices. I live near Manchester in UK where there are some great Indian restaurants. This was up there with the best of them. The street food part of the menu fascinating and according to an adjoining diner - great. My lamb dish full of flavour not just hot. the rice perfectly cooked with gentle spicing with cumin seeds. Definitely there agin on my next trip to Oslo

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We're definitely coming back for a taste of the other styles of Indian cuisine that is offered by this restaurant.
This is my first experience, and correct me if I'm wrong - first and only Indian offer there is in Oslo, for the street food variations from India.

We wanted for them to surprise us and started our first visit with the tasting meny with a five course pick from the street food part.
Good variation of drinks of all kinds, and also imported Indian beer!

Food was delicious, a mouthful of the well-known spices, and food is displayed very nicely.
I'm a sucker for interior and surrounding at restaurants, and this raw metal/concrete vibe combine with imported straight from Bombay chairs/lamps/clock and cutlery gives is a modern and yet authentic feeling.

I know this review looks like I'm being paid for writing this right now, but being an owner/business-founder myself + food-lover - I know the importance of the details that had been laid into this business.

Visit it. You won't be disappointed. (Just remember to book table upfront, though!!!)

Reviewed 8 January 2018

The food was great, the atmosphere was nice and the staff were very helpful and service-minded. We sat in the "basement" which was a smaller area with fewer tables but this was very nice. In the first floor there are many tables but it looked like that would also be nice. Out waiter recommended some food for us which we where happy with. All in all a very nice experience.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I've been here several times, and never been disappointed!
The food is amazing, a lot of flavours and dishes, the staff is very nice and the place itself it's quite cool and not typical "indian" like most indian restaurants.
The chicken korma is quite good, and the beer is very good!
If you want a table, you better off doing a reservation, or it's not certain that you will get a table.
The cutest is the little tuk- tuk toy which has the bill in it!