“Good food”

Ranked #31 of 142 Restaurants in Kristiansand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Focusing on the food, I would recommend this place. We ate the "makrell" and it was really tasty (many bones tho).

What I didn't like, and that's why it gets only two circles for me, is the speed and the environment (-ish?). I'll explain, I don't think there was so much people sitting there for all the time the food took in coming.

What I mean with environment is that all the tables are outside, there is no inside option. That means that if you don't like eating with the table right next to you smoking, and the tables are really close one to another, then this is not your place.

I understand that, when a restaurant has tables inside and outside, if you sit outside, and you get annoyed by the smoke while eating, is at your own risk. But, I think, that if the restaurant doesn't give the option, then all should be a non smoking area. Because even tho some tables do have the "please don't smoke" label, other have the ashtray. And as I said before, the tables are really close, so is like if they would be smoking in the same table where you are trying to eat.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered two dishes for lunch:
Kamskjell salad and 4 different herrings with brown rugbrød
Not satisfied with any of this .
Herrings came with white baguette, no vegetables; kamskjell salad was not tasty either.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Located on the Famous, Fiskebrygga. A great spot on sunny days. Had some wine and fish soup with shellfish. Great company. Nice atmosphere. Very busy. Sat outside. Lunch. The waitress was easy going and very attendative. Reasonable priced. Good portions. Recommended.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Best mackerel in town at the best situated spot in KRISTIANSAND - FISHMARKET. A short walk from the shopping district and a short walk from your cruise ship. They also serve what you need to to go with this dish. Very pleasant and good service from a professional staff. It is a outdoor restaurant with a roof in case of rain. Very recommendable.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We got so lucky to get great weather in Kristiansand. Of course, with great weather everyone seemed out and about, specially after a national holiday, but we got seated pretty fast.

It's was four friends, we order three beers (CB), one coke, two orders of mussels and two orders of the oven baked salmon...total of 1250 Norwegian Kroner.

Good portions! The mussels came with a delicious white whine sauce (super buttery) yum! and the oven baked salmon came with asparagus (they ran out) which were replaced with a side salad and mini has browns. Double yum!

We also got a nice basket of bread and butter. Service was friendly and fast.