“Great tapas and wine in a cosy backyard”

Bakgaarden Bar og Spiseri
Ranked #8 of 283 Restaurants in Trondheim
Price range: US$32 - US$96
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tapas restaurant with focus on local produce, with a nice and cozy atmosphere. Good selection of wines and local beer and a staff with a smile.
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I have had several business dinners with my colleagues from SINTEF and NTNU in Bakgården. They have excellent variety of tapas made of local ingredients and produces with mediterranean touch. The wine selection is also great with good value. I prefer always Soffocone, a super Tuscan wine from Chianti, with lamb mango-papaya. Muscles in coconut souce is also an excellent choice to try.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

This place was just acreoss the road from my hotel, so I was pretty fortunate.
It specialises in Tapas but also does other food, and has a Norwegian twist.
The decor is very nice; browns and cream, subdued lighting and on two levels. A good place for romance & there is seating space outside.

I had 4 tapas, a beer and a glass of wine. I was ready for it as I'd had nothing since breakfast.  Good service too. I was happy, you will be too!

1  Thank TormodMM
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We were lucky to come across this gem of a restaurant while in Trondheim. We didn't have reservations, but were willing to sit outside so we were seated promptly. Our waitress had a lovely personality and a great smile along with extensive knowledge of the menu. We ended up ordering Paella, cured ham and cheese platter,cod fritters and lamb and mango. The cod fritters was the best, Paella 2nd and the lamb was last, needing a little more zing! The quality of all the seafood and meat was high. We highly recommend this place if you are visiting Trondheim.

1  Thank KhaoTan
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Nice place hidden away from the big Streets. Really friendly service. I was alone but it was not a problem to have any og the courses that you would have to be two people to order. The tiger prawns, local herb cheese and the hot chèvre cheese was worth noting. The lamb was a little dry.
Overall a good experience.
I will go there again:0)

1  Thank rikkerietveld
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Thank you for a very good dinner!

To help out among the menu choices - there are some few ready menus, of some selected tapas. We chose one of them.

We had meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce (yum), lamb in mango papaya marinade (a light marinade, yum), tomato pomegranate onion salad (in a light marinade, yum), grilled chicken wings (wow), mushrooms with yoghurt and mentha, shrimps eith chili and garlic.

And of course, mojo rojo. Also a good aioli, and a splendid foccacia.

Some Barbera red wine, or a Mac beer, or some non-alcoholic, with that. Most places had non- and low-alcohol alternatives.

Then, we had creama catalana. It was very good.

Indoor and outdoor seating.

Nice and welcoming entrance by the river street Kjøpmannsgata.

Very good staff - kind and professional.