Free cancellation until 29/07
US$137
US$120
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
US$122
US$134
US$89
Scandic Solsiden(Trondheim)
US$93
US$88
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$120
US$115
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$99
US$95
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Hotell St. Olav(Trondheim)
US$105
US$102
  • Restaurant
Trondheim Vandrerhjem(Trondheim)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$72
All reviewssandwichsmall bottletrain stationbudget hotelorange squashnice view of the citytown centrecomfortable bedhundred metersshort walkfree coffeeshort stayearplugsnokrockheimfjord
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Service was actually very good, including the cleaning staff. Special mentioned to the desk manager in my 3rd day.

Windows isolate very well the sound of the trains' transit, at least from the second floor on, where I stayed.

All comments about breakfast and no free coffee or any other additional services are true; however, this is a budget hotel in one of the more expensive countries in the world. If you want coffee, you can walk 50 m to the Trondheim sentralstasjon. Cheapest coffee you can get is about 40-50 NOK; so if you are saving the moving for the staying, you can choose where to spend it in other things. Same thing for breakfast; the typical Norwegian breakfast could be a hard bread with some spreads, or maybe a little sandwich exactly as they get you, and again, you could use the money saved in the room, and spend it somewhere else. You could spend NOK 960-1200/night in another hotel for these perks, but from my point of view, it is not worthy.

I lived in Trondheim for 2 years, and I can tell you that location is something you would value in this town, specially at night. Each bus ride costs 50 NOK. City center is 10-15 min away, Solsiden is more or less at the same distance, Bakklandet at 20-25 min, train station at 50 m (as I mentioned, and there you could find the shuttle to the airport), Rockheim and the fjord ar also 10-15 min (all time references by foot).

My only comments is that they should provide "no disturb" signs in the rooms.

Room Tip: 3 floor with view at the fjord.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The hotel is centrally located and has convenient rooms. Unfortunately we had a room heading towards the street (not towards the trains which we tought woluld be a benefit) and were disturbed heavily through loud music from a local bar. Breakfast is terrible: a plastic bag at your door with a sandwhich and cheap orange limonade. We needed an extra bed which was squeeking so badly we had to put the matress on the floot - all in all quite disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I was a touch worried about this hotel as the building itself looks a bit soulless next to the rest of Trondheim waterfront and is very close to the rail tracks, but the room was really comfy, quiet and pleasant. I was on the railway side but wasn't bothered and I'm a light sleeper. There was a nice sunset view of the boats. This hotel is a great walking location to the bus station and has a lovely communal games room and kitchen. I was shattered when I arrived and the staff were gentle and patient and helpful. It's probably not somewhere you want to spend 2 weeks but fabulous for passing through and there's cheap eats nearby on the bridge over the rail line for both breakfast fresh coffee and dinner. Also a really short walk to the new pool and to the local pierbadet. I walked all over town and to the cathedral from the hotel but it might strain someone not very mobile. I'd stay again. Oh... just imagine the breakfast is a packed lunch! It's fine.

Room Tip: don't stress. The views in to the harbour are better than the railway side but it's still nice as you can see the Hurtigruten come in!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on a family holidays for just one night. Nice and polite staff at the front desk. I'd like to rate 10/10 to the cleaning ladies! Train tracks are just outside your window, they didn't bother me during the night. Started to hear them around 6 in the morning. But that's not such a big deal, train goes and it's quiet and peaceful.
It was pretty hard to find parking spot for the car, because hotels parking was full at the time.
Breakfast - ham & cheese sandwich, water with orange taste.
I have to say, I paid much more less than other hotels in Trondheim charge. And believe me I stayed almost in every single one hotel in Trondheim city. And some hotels which are rated with more stars has much worse standard rooms.

So if you are willing to save money and live in the center of town, I totally recommend to choose this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Most hotels in Trondheim were booked when we visited the city, so we were happy to find any room. We found one in the P Hotel. I would say this is a budget hotel. I have no idea what the other rooms were like, but ours was huge! We had twin beds, a couch, chairs, desk, and still had lots of room to walk around in. The down side is that it was very noisy outside (we did not face the street), the elevator and hallway were not very clean, there was no shampoo, but there was soap. There was no phone in room and the breakfast was a ham and cheese sandwich left outside our door in a box. The staff covers check-ins, check-outs, and apparently the cafe. They were helpful and courteous, but I'm not sure if it would be very efficient if it were busy. Because it was very reasonably priced, we had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends