“Much improved food and service ”

Big Horn Steak House
Ranked #38 of 87 Restaurants in Alesund
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Tried this place again after avoiding it for many months due to previous poor experiences. Much improved especially the service which was friendly, cheerful and efficient. Will be interesting to see if this continues or if it was just a "one off".

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I've been there three times now, therefore I cannot say I don't like it. It's a nice friendly steak house with a good quality food and a familiar ambience, but nothing really impressive.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I had eaten here earlier in the week and took my friend, well this is turned into one of my worse meals in the last 20 years....
I ordered the fillet steak and when served realised straight away that it was a very poor cut... it was cooked very well, just unfortunately a bad pice of meat.
The waitress kindly took the meal away but came back and said it was because I'd ordered the wrong steak and would let me keep it and order another but would have to pay for both.... Not wishing to create a scene I tried to just eat the steak.... in the end I asked to speak to the chef who said I'd ordered the wrong steak as you have to chew it.... never even apologised.... please see my photo.... I suggest you stick clear of the steak.. my friend had the ribs which were great..

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

The only steakhouse in town. The taste is just like an average steakhouse. A bit pricey, but everything is expensive in Norway. Service is good.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Decent meal, spareribs were a bit small, but tasted good.
Service was good.
Got a basket with bread, with only one peace of bread though