Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
Hotels.com
US$61
Trip.com
US$44
Booking.comUS$96
PricelineUS$68
eDreamsUS$96
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2012

good things:
breakfast is good and many choices. room is big. very near to beach. quite noisy at night becoz near is one temple keep on loud music (not sure if festival during the easter holiday.)

Bad things:
room is old, the bathroom environment is poor esp the shower head cannot be hold,need to be hold by hand even complain but no solutions.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I have always liked this hotel (even before the current operator took over) for its location and the size of its rooms. My personal favourite is of course, the sea-view rooms.

What I always find disappointing though, is the level of service provided by the staff, from front desk to F & B.

Anyway, here is a summary of what I like and dislike about the hotel:

What I like:

1. As mentioned above, whether it is a superior or standard room, they are all spacious and have large beds. I also like that the floor is tiled and not carpeted, this being a hotel by the beach so it really makes sense.

2. Unless you are into the crowded scene at Batu Ferringhi, this hotel offers an ideal location for those who want easy access to the city or a trip to Ferringhi. If you are driving, there is always ample parking space.

3. At the current rates it is offering, I would say that they are all value for money. This considering that it is a hotel by the beach after all, and one that offers reasonably good facilities.

What I don't like:

1. The shower is one of the most poorly designed that I have ever seen! There is neither a shower curtain nor a door so you end up splashing water all over the bathroom floor. In my experience, the bathroom has not been cleaned satisfactorily because I found hair, sand and dust trapped in various corners.

2. The beach is also accessible by the public so there isn't as much privacy as you'd expect from a hotel like this. I only use the swimming pool because of this reason.

3. Breakfast arrangement, especially when it is peak season is quite frustrating. There is never enough tables or food to go around, unless you start at 7.00 am. The serving staff are usually too nonchalant to care. However, I must say that they are ok when the restaurant is not full.

4. Ironing facilities are not provided in the rooms and are only available at two floors. This is very troublesome and to add insult to injury, they are not always in the best condition. I hope the management will consider making this available at every floor instead of just two for the entire hotel.

5. Finally, the service provided from the front desk, to housekeeping and F & B needs to be better than it is now. I don't know if the complacency is due to the fact that the hotel has high occupancy rate (as observed in all my visits) or something else.

Overall, this is not a bad hotel, whether you are a business traveller or on holiday. All it needs to do is tighten those loose ends and it is good to go.

Room tip: You can still get a semi-seaview room with a hillview room rate if you ask for one at the end of the row, furthest from the elevator.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank seafragrance
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed for 2 nights.

Room: quite spacious, two large supersingle bed combined, so that makes it even bigger than king bed. Mattress and pillows were good. Bed accomodated 4 of us easily
Toilet:clean but fixtures are falling apart, need toilet renovation

Lobby: nice

View: nice view though our room was not sea facing, we still got some seaview

Pool: Quite nice with jacuzzi

Gym: did not try

Breakfast: quite a few spread, but did not like the local food, which was not up to the quality

Location: nice, not so crowded like Batu Feringhi, easy access to Batu Feringhi and Downtown by Rapid Penang bus 101 and 102 which stops just in front of the hotel

Service: good, reception staff were nice, porter were quick to get our luggage from the car, when there was problem with TV, technician came right away.

So, I prefer to stay in Tanjung Bungah as it is less crowded and with easy access to Georgetown and Batu Feringhi. Will stay there again.

Room tip: Select a sea facing
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank zux123
Reviewed 7 October 2012

It's the second time to me at that hotel the 1st one was good the offer me good room with amazing view, also serve me good. that time they depressed me i got a bad room with damaged wash basin, I ask to change the room they try to fix it & and they can't after about 1 hour & with my insist they change the room but also its not cleaned well.

Room tip: high rooms behined elevators in left side
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aomario
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a night on the 6th floor. My room was facing the ocean. Room is clean and comfortable. However, the shower has one temperature only. HOT. It was quite difficult to shower. Overall the bathroom is clean.

What i didnt like was the room's wifi is so weak. You cant seem to get any signal while you lie on the bed. I have to go all the way to the main door just to receive some signal. For better signal, you have to stand outside in the hallway like some crazy person. Might as well use the wifi facility in the warm lobby. I think they should really improve on this.

Date of stay: September 2012