“Always top quality pizza!”
Review of Pizzarelli

Pizzarelli
Ranked #124 of 436 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Price range: US$12 - US$19
Description: At Pizzarelli we only make authentic thin crust pizzas using Neapolitan 00 flour imported from Italy. We use the freshest, quality ingrediants. At Pizzarelli we do not use mass producing conveyor belt ovens. All our pizzas are stone baked in our clay oven at 400 degrees creating a traditional texture and flavour. Our aim is to deliver the taste of true Italian pizzas to your door or table.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have eaten here several times since they opened mostly with our children but sometimes just as a couple and they never let us down.
Always top quality pizza and side dishes, especially the home made coleslaw, friendly service and a reasonable bill (especially with the recent £6 offer). We will be back soon no doubt!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Sometimes its just one of those nights... orders going wrong, pizzas soggy, service slow, long waits for food, an air of quiet desperation. Yet on every other visit, the complete opposite. What makes a good place great is always being on top of its game. Be great, guys....and lets put last night down to a full moon.

DB_Starvin_Marvin, General Manager at Pizzarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hi Tim, I am sorry we disappointed on this occasion. Our head pizza chef is currently on holiday and it is tough for a small local business to find cover for someone with 20 years of experience. With a wood fired oven and freshly prepared dough, it's easy to get things wrong...We are learning fast though and I can promise that it will not take 20 years for our other pizzaiolos to become (almost) as good as Massimo. By the way he's back this Friday so please come for a five star pizza : )

Reviewed 9 March 2018

We had some good news that gave rise to a mini-celebration at the end of the working day, in the middle of the week and we chose to wander round from our home to give Pizzarelli a go. And I'm very glad we did!

Recently when we have ordered take-always from here - to walk home with - we never seem to get all of the orders right. My family all like taking things off or adding new ingrediants to their Pizzas, so this was a little bit of a gamble for us. As although the Pizza's we get always taste great because of the fresh ingredients and the wood-burning clay pizza oven; there has always been someone getting disappointed (normally my wife) that they didn't get quite what they wanted.

But not tonight! There were four of us: two adults and two hungry school children and I wasn't paying any attention to the prices on the menu (we were celebrating after all).

There was nobody else in this evening when I was greeted by a very thoughtful waitress. I arrived a little ahead of my wife and our boys an so I got first dibs on the menu. I ordered a bottle of the house red, a Fanta, and an Apple juice, and when the attentive waitress returned she brought all of this and a caraff of tap water and four glasses (This was a really nice touch!). Also as there was only a half glass of the Apple juice so we weren't charged for this either - a simple and appreciated gesture. Still on my own, I ordered a sharing Antipasto Misto and filled the two glasses with the wine -a pleasent Chilean Merlot - spot on.

There was nobody in the restaurant for the rest of the evening apart from us and we had a cushioned bench and two chairs. As I sipped the wine I noticed the décor was playful, simple clean, welcoming and homely. Very relaxing. There are wall sized chalk boards all around (some with the menu on ) and when the boys arrived they took great fun in scribbling - mostly "CPFC" - on the boards they were invited to write or draw on by the waiting staff.

We all tucked into the starter and the drinks (some lovely bruschetta, a good selection of cured meats and what turned out to be far too many marinated green and black pitted olives for me to handle on my own).

We ordered one Pizza each and we did make some big changes to the menu. For example our eldest son didn't fancy the BBQ sauce on the Carbone so he had it substituted for a traditional tomato sauce base - no problem. My wife likes Ham and Mushroom so she took a Regina pizza and asked that the artichoke hearts and black Olives were removed - no issue. Our youngest son asked for the Margeherita and asked for Ham to be added - simple. I even added some Anchovies to my Inferno. they didn't bat an eyelid. And when the piping hot Pizzas returned from the oven they were fantastic. Simply delicious.

Between the drinks and starters being deliverd we had a change of waiting staff. Our brilliant waitress had been replaced by a charming young waiter who was also very good. At one point he was helping our 10 year old to write "CPFC" at a height of about 6'5".

We had a noisy, relaxed family meal with lovely food and we had a bill that was very reasonable (especially as i wasn't counting as we went) I did expect the bill to be between £15-20 more. Brilliant!

I notice as I type this that we had a flier through the door from Pizzarelli along with a menu saying "All pizzas £6 each with this flier when you dine in..." I definitely expect to use this flier. If you have one, I highly recommend you do too. And if you don't have a flier, maybe you should really take a look - the prices are fair at full price.

Hi Mark, Thank you very much for your review. It is good to know that even with our head pizza chef on holiday we still did a good job. Please visit us again soon and we will do our best to earn a 5 star review : )

Reviewed 9 January 2018

After a hard day at work, I came home to find a voucher for a £6 pizza - great, didn't have to cook. We had the Carnivoro and some chicken wings. To be honest, the overall impression was that it was soggy - soggy pizza base and soggy chicken. £6 for the pizza was enough, certainly not worth more but probably a £3 one from a supermarket would have been as good if not better.

2  Thank sussexstorm
DB_Starvin_Marvin, General Manager at Pizzarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our pizza. I am surprised that you found it soggy as most of our customers love it, and over the years we have received praise and awards for its quality. Our pizza is freshly made in our wood fired oven with quality ingredients, so I am 100% sure that no major brand let alone supermarket can match our quality. We would have loved the opportunity to make things right for you on the night, and we welcome your feedback which will help us focus on getting it right in the future. If you should care to give us another try, please feel free to contact us through our website, so that we can make sure your next pizza is on the house and just the way you like it : )

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This pizza is divine. I usually don't order or eat pizzas as they are unhealthy, but the ones at Pizzarelli are the exception. The dough is so good and the work and love that goes into the pizzas created are great. You can just feel the passion, and taste the quality. Thank you.

DB_Starvin_Marvin, General Manager at Pizzarelli, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Hi Sandra, Thank you very much for your kind words. This is exactly what we need to keep us going. I am new to the business and it was the quality of the pizza that drew me in. Please do visit us again, we have a special offer this January, you can eat in or take away for only £6 per pizza. And bring as many friends as you can, it's a big place we got here (but very well hidden) we would love to see it full of happy pizza loving people : )