“The owners go the extra mile”

Bay Tree Guest House
Ranked #14 of 75 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2016

I stayed at the Bay Tree whilst on a 4 day workshop in Eastbourne. From the moment, I arrived Geoff and Grace went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. They clearly care about their visitors and enjoy what they do - I would recommend and return if coming back to Eastbourne in the future.

I stayed in a small double room. It had an en suite shower room and a range of drinks were provided with a kettle and I was offered fresh milk (so much better than UHT) and collected it each evening from my own jug in the fridge. I did not partake of the biscuits but the fresh bottle of water each day was welcomed and was a thoughtful touch. Everywhere was very clean, the room was quiet and the bed most comfortable. Breakfast offered a range of juices, cereals, yoghurts and cooked delights all served up with Geoff's usual jollity! Parking permits for my stay had been pre-purchased by Grace which was a nice surprised and, as I had parked some way away on arrival, Geoff chivalrously walked me back to my car as he had reserved a space near the Bay Tree for my use.
On my last day, I checked out but was allowed to leave my luggage behind for collection when it suited me better later in the day.

All in all, great service - thank you!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We spent a night at Bay tree guest house. Arriving late for a delayed ferry crossing from France. Most guest house would have been closed by Grace and Jeff were waiting for us and ultimate kindness loved their car for us to park in front of their house. The room was nicely decorated, the bed very confortable. The street is very quiet and the breakfast was amazing in a nicely decorated room. In one word. A place I would warmly recommend and i'll no doubt stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Top floor room was amazing
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Despite not have parking for the B and B the owners made sure that we had a place to park on the street, Thereafter, public transportation and cabs could be used so that we didn't need to use our cars. Grace and Geoff, the owners, were friendly and helpful. Geoff cooked a hot breakfast for us each morning that we could have in the sunny, well decorated dining room. There were no elevators and our room was not on the first floor but the walk up was doable. The room was small but comfortable with an ensuite bathroom. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2015

What a gem. Stayed 3 nights. A warm welcome from Geoff, Grace was shopping. Décor tasteful, our room spotless and the bed very comfortable. We both have back/hip problems and slept soundly. Geoff (the chief cook and bottle washer) serenaded us every morning whilst cooking the breakfast. Grace stayed to chat at the end of breakfast (we were the last down). The guesthouse is situated within walking distance of both town centre and the beach/pier. Will definitely stay again when in the area and highly recommend to family and friends. Parking free with parking permit supplied by the host and hostess.Thank you Grace and Geoff.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. Room 6 is the largest (reminded us of a "honeymoon suite).
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Stayed here 2 nights with my Mum and we were so impressed. Grace and Geoff are the ideal hosts and made us feel so welcome. The bed was so comfy and the room was spotless, couldn't have asked for more. The breakfast was excellent and plentiful. Grace served while Geoff serenaded from the kitchen! Lovely couple who are warm and friendly. Would definitely stay again. In my Mum's words, this is a 'little gem' and very reasonably priced too. If you are planning a visit to Eastbourne, try it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family