“The Best”

Dolphin Fish and Chips Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 411 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

First came across this place on a visit to the town three years ago. I thought then that it was the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. I was in Hastings again this week so decided to try them again. And I’m happy to say that they were just as superb as last time. It’s a busy place and that always tells you something anyway!

Still the best fish and chips I’ve ever tasted!

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank redwey
Write a reviewReviews (364)

Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

After reading further positive reviews we decided to give the Dolphin a second go after a disappointing first try 12 months ago. And we’re afraid to say it was very disappointing again. The chips tasted funny, plus they were dry, and the fish was just very poor. We won’t be giving it a third try.

Reviewed 8 June 2021

Maybe the best battered fish I have ever had. The fish was cooked to perfection, as was the batter! Fish tasted super fresh. The chips were decent. The gravy was a bit odd, though, and tasted of beef dripping, so I wouldn’t recommend getting the gravy from here! Anyway, can’t wait to eat here again. The man serving (I think owner or manager) was lovely, too.

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Delicious cod and chips. Very crispy light batter. Very fresh fish. One of the best we have had. And a 2min walk from the seafront

Reviewed 3 June 2021

We knew this place came pretty well recommended but I try not to go into anywhere with too high an expectation so i can make my own opinion.
However the staff were very friendly and kind, the food was outstanding and i would very much carry on that recommendation! Price was reasonably and they served beer, win win.

1  Thank camtayl0r