The Berkeley Guest House
Langham Hotel(Eastbourne)
US$129
  • Beachfront
The View Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Best Western York House Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Pool
The Grand Hotel Eastbourne(Eastbourne)
US$217
US$112
Best Western Lansdowne Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$131
Hotels.com
US$156
US$151
New Wilmington Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Eastbourne Town Centre Hotel(Eastbourne)(Great Value!)
US$72
PremierInn.com
West Rocks Hotel(Eastbourne)
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsattic roomblack puddingnice guesthousefull englishsea frontwarm roomtown centremain bedroomfluffy towelsfresh fruit saladbreakfast was excellentgreat showerparking permitfamily roomminute walkan ideal locationon arrival
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

First time visit to eastbourne and found this little gem they called me on the day of arrival to make sure everything was ok and to make sure I got here before the reception closed amazingly clean room combined with a warm welcome will definitely be coming back soon

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Arrived and was greeted by Daniel. He said he had put us on second floor and asked if that was alright. We agreed but then realised it was 42 stairs and we found it very difficult as I am waiting for a replacement hip and my husband has knee problems however we never mentioned it to Daniel. The room was clean and decorated well. The bathroom was very small and quite difficult to dry yourself after a shower. The breakfasts were excellent and served by very pleasant and helpful young ladies. Breakfasts were cooked when ordered so could involve a wait.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived at our guest house to be greeted by a top bloke (Daniel) Extremely friendly and helpful. Went to our room. Very clean and full with everything you need . Great shower . Yorkshire teabags ( very important) . Comfy bed and ample storage. Felt a bit stupid when i couldnt get out of the room until we realised you only had to pull it (a source of great amusement for all of us). Fantasic brakfast to set you up for the day. Obviously a place where if you are a bit fun loving and not a total Stuffed Shirt you will be treated well by the manager and staff. Still here dont go home until Friday. Will be sorry to leave but in the words of Arnie. I'l be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

My hubby and i haven't been to Eastbourne in over 20 years. We used to going raving on Hastings Pier back in the day and would drive up to Eastbourne to stay, always at a hotel. I've not stayed in a guest house before this good. The owners were lovely and very helpful. Our en-suite double could have been one in any 4 star hotel. The 151 year old property is so very lovingly looked after and is beautifully decorated, the front lounge is a lovely place to sit and chill. Lovely place to stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We have stayed at the Berkeley Guest House in Eastbourne before and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of it, the friendliness, the clean comfort of the room and the lovely breakfast. So it was the obvious choice to book there again for our 25th wedding anniversary weekend on the August bank holiday weekend. I booked using Booking.com and the booking was confirmed to my husband's phone. I then noted down the booking reference etc. and then went on to read that that particular guest house does not accept American Express. However the booking had been accepted by Booking.com using Amex so I phoned the Berkeley direct as I was worried about losing the last double room available and wanted to know how to change the card details. The phone was answered by a young gentleman and I explained what had happened. His response was, to put it mildly, one of extreme irk, impatience, intolerance and eventually downright rudeness. I said to him "hold on a minute we've picked your hotel out of all the hotels in Eastbourne" He replied that he did not work for Booking.com which of course I already knew, I was merely looking for guidance on how to change the card details if that was necessary to keep the booking. In the end he was SHOUTING at me down the phone - good customer relations? I think not! I said forget it we'll book somewhere else and his attitude was Yeah good idea, so we did and are looking forward to our visit to Eastbourne but not, sadly, at the Berkeley!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oxwiches
Ian M, Manager at The Berkeley Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for your comments, although completely not what was said. As you read the details about the card details on booking.com, you may have also seen that the reception shuts at 7pm, so trying to deal with something that we do not know anything about while out of doing personal shopping for the business was rather difficult to explain.
We did not shout at all at you and had you called booking.com instead of a completely different company, it would have made it a lot easier for you to sort.
In context, would you call the airline directly with an issue if you booked with Thomas cook?