“The search goes on”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We’ve been struggling to find a decent Indian takeaway in Eastbourne for a long time now. But, three different friends recommended this place so we were excited to give it ago.

Well, it’s ok so long as you don’t order something that says ‘sweet…’. Both the veg dhansak and veg pathia were so sweet as to be off-putting. They really shouldn’t be that sweet.

The pathia had very little chilli heat but the sourness did come through. Plenty of vegetables in both dishes though.

The sag aloo was good as a break from the sweetness and the pilau and mushroom rice were also as expected. As is typical with most places it was all somewhat oily.

Overall it was ok but our search continues.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (60)

Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

I have just recently moved in down the road and stumbled across Mr India as they are so nearby.. but I won’t be eating anywhere else for Indian food! I ordered all of my favourites and everything was cooked perfectly and ready on time. The staff were so friendly, the food was so fresh. I could not want any better than Mr India! I will definitely be back :)

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Order here time and time again. Food always arrives hot. Nothing is too much trouble Absolutely fantastic food. Another really tasty meal. Thank you

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 6 April 2021

Mr India was a breathe of fresh air when it first opened and I have used it whenever I have ordered an Indian takeaway but the last two or three times the quality of food has deteriorated to the extent that I will try elsewhere next time. The delivery is usually quick, too quick in fact which indicates it is off the shelf rather than freshly cooked. My wife’s last chicken curry was undercooked and she left the chicken that looked pink. Its a shame but they need to up their game to what it used to be or they will continue to lose custom

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 1 January 2021

ordered a takeaway and used the restaurant website order rather than a food delivery company. I used the pre order option to avoid any delay and to get food when needed, I then waited until they opened and and phoned to confirm order.
food was not delivered , when promised . I joined a queu e of three others to ask for food or a refund we were told waiting time was up to 3 hours ,had order denied and refused refund , I was dismissed as unimportant and told to apply to someone else to get a refund.

Date of visit: December 2020