4 people are viewing this hotel
US$128
Free cancellation until 10/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$126
Official SiteUS$154
PricelineUS$128
TravelocityUS$126
1,603 results
All reviews car park leisure facilities swimming pool sea view hotel guests large bathroom four star lovely hotel sea front restaurant staff first class superior room evening meal high standard north wales street parking relaxing break
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2022

We have stayed at the Imperial many times over the past 10 years. But haven’t had the opportunity to go since Covid.
Since then, the service and attention to detail at the hotel has completely gone down hill.
In the room one threadbare, damaged chair. And another covered in stains, and what appeared to be old blood stains.
The breakfast was a massive let down. The main food is now buffet style. Stored in lukewarm servers, sitting in pools of water and fat.
The staff didn’t come round to clear tables after continental breakfast, or to offer more teas and coffees. We had to pile plates on the floor and neighbouring tables. As well as taking cutlery and condiments from them. They didn’t care!
There was a time where it was a luxury experience. Having your cup refreshed the moment it’s empty. Toast racks being brought out. Proper waiter service.
Todays experience was worse than a Premier Inn pub breakfast!
We raised concerns with the reception team and the owner. He apologised for the state of the furniture. But frankly wasn’t interested in anything else.
There is no way this is a 4 star establishment now!

Room tip: Book somewhere else
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank MikeyUK86
Reviewed 24 October 2022

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Old-fashioned service, fabulous food and the most amazingly friendly staff we have ever encountered.
We chose The Imperial for a 5-day break while having decorating done at home. I have stayed in north Wales on many occasions but have never visited Llandudno and the hotel had been recommended by a friend.
From the genuine welcome on arrival to our reluctant departure, we were struck by the warmth of all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble, with every member of staff going out of their way to talk to the guests. I can honestly say that this is the BEST experience of any hotel I have stayed in, both in the UK and overseas: I haven't laughed as much in any other hotel and the staff worked well as a team.
The food and wine were excellent. We consider Welsh lamb to be the best in the world and the chefs at The Imperial did justice to this most excellent meat. The Welsh black sirloin steaks were cooked to perfection; I rarely eat steak away from home because so many have been tough or badly cooked, but these were succulent and tasty. Breakfasts were enjoyable, with a good variety.
The swimming pool and spa facilities were very good.
I am sure that there are visitors who will criticise the decor as being dated. I personally like the warm colour scheme which is in keeping with a building from the Victorian era. If guests are looking for plate glass, shining chrome and immaculate but boring paintwork, they should choose a modern hotel, not one with so much history and character.
The only negative I can give is that the lifts are small and there are only two, but the age of the building would make it nigh on impossible to provide more; the staircases are wide and easy to use.
Hotel parking was limited but parking on the promenade was not difficult. Llandudno itself is a very friendly and busy town, with a good range of shops and a welcoming atmosphere. We left relaxed and refreshed and we look forward to returning in the near future.

Room tip: Check the shows on at the Llandudno Theatre and combine an afternoon matinee or evening performance with your hotel break.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2022

Just had 1 night stay Sunday. 8 of us on dbb. Service from start to finish first class. Claire in reservations couldn't do enough for us. Evening meal and breakfast faultless. All 8 of us said the same. Can't wait for our next visit.

Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2022 via mobile

Went to the Imperial Hotel last weekend with my elderly mum and my brother!. I would actually rate it as 3 star hotel! We have been coming here for years as my 89 year old mum loves it! How standards have changed! A catalogue of complaints! Start with positives,- housekeeping staff were wonderful all cheerful when you met them in the corridors and rooms very clean ! Reception staff polite too! Apart from the odd one or two waiting on staff in the restaurant were surly and disinterested- couldn't care less attitude! The day of the queen's funeral the restaurant wasn't open until 8 am and the general manager was very rude to people waiting for the restaurant to open he said " don't blame me I didn't make the rules'! But why wasn't a notice put on the restaurant door! His attitude was unbelievable! I couldn't have a bath on the first night as the plunger on my bath had been taped up with masking tape- took an hour for someone to sort it out! Don't expect that in a 4 star hotel! Food in the restaurant ok but not brilliant- how can they charge £12.50 for cheese and crackers a few grapes and 2 sticks of celery beggers belief! Again I went for a swim in the leisure centre and had to return to my room in a soaking wet costume and a gown that had obviously been washed a few times and had shrunk! We usually leave a big tlp for all the staff at the end of our stay but not this time! !!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2022

This is a large Victorian hotel overlooking the sea front at Llandudno and I guess has been altered many times over the years and a major upgrade for the 21 st century now long overdue. Like many places like this, its main business is in the 'grey market', slowly declining and unless the management ups its game they will join the race to the bottom, sadly like some of the hotels on the sea front.
The public rooms are quite smart, although one could question the description of the restaurant as being 'elegant'. The terrace bar, overlooking the front, is a pleasant area, but most of the chairs need a professional clean to get rid of the stains and soiled areas - best not to wear light coloured clothes for the time being.
Upstairs it seems quite dated - we had a 1980's suite- The Conwy - ok if you want a look back in time!
The restaurant suffers from a lack of a maitre'd but the staff work hard to make up for its deficiency and struggle to juggle with the problem - its not rocket science to get it right - maybe the hotel manager should take a shift or 2. The staff deserve a bonus for coping, as well as they can, with the problem and it might put a smile on a few of their faces - the young lads waiting on need some coaching in pleasantries.
Breakfast is Holiday Inn style - ie get it yourself, although there are some specials that have a surcharge. The dinner menu was good and we enjoyed it over the 4 evenings we stayed - if you have a gluten dietary problem you are well looked after.
Parking is a problem - the hotel car park will hold about 15 cars - other than that it a circuit around the block to find a place - not really what you want when you are on holiday. If you have an electric car - the hotel seems to have one point - if you can get to it! Other wise.......good luck.

Room tip: The Conwy suite is large with sea views - but a little dated