Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
US$74
Hotels.com
US$75
PricelineUS$74
TravelocityUS$75
eDreamsUS$74
All reviews pool table free movies bar area wet room town centre night's sleep car parking playstation prosecco toiletries waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2021 via mobile

The Pentahotel is very reasonably priced within a 15 minute walk of the town centre and the Waterfront area, not a long way as one reviewer stated. The room was clean and tidy with Tea/Coffee making facilities,plenty of towels in the shower room and enough water to float a boat,I can only assume that the lack of water as mentioned by other reviewers, all at around the same date, to be glitch which can happen to any hotel,at any location. Parking is small but with an overflow area nearby. The staff are polite,friendly and helpful. The breakfast is excellent with enough choice to satisfy the most hardened of keyboard warriors. Yes I would recommend the Pentahotel for location and good value.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joshua Edwards, Guest Services / Front Office at Pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Ipswich with us and I'm delighted to hear you received great service.
Our team aim to ensure every one of our guests receive the very best experience each and every time they stay with us.
We very much hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2021

I booked this hotel paying extra for what was supposed to be a playapad room.. when we got there we walked into a room with a bed and shower room.. no PlayStation or anything to indicate it was a playapad room like the pictures advertised. The tv had wires hanging out of it and screws left out from it being taken and just forgotten about.. I told reception and they said they would give us 40 quid back and gave us some Prosecco to say sorry. Instead of refunding I had another 40 taken from my card which was days later given back. Then we realised the tv didn’t work and staff couldn’t fix it .. and then there was no water in hotel. I complained and instead of a decent refund or a stay again to say sorry I was told I can have £18.00 which I still haven’t had and now being ignored and absolutely refused to give me anything else to sort this out. I should also point out, breakfast still went ahead even tho the whole hotel had no water at all. So I don’t know how they were washing their hands when serving and make the English fry up in the morning? And if they say it was on in the morning that’s a lie because at 4am I went to use the toilet and realised it wasn’t working. Also in a pandemic.. no one offered us hand sanitizer.. or anything actually no one offered us a thing to help with the fact we can’t wash our hands let alone use toilet or brush teeth!!! So to wrap up I paid 130.50 for a playapad room and got £40 back which meant I spent £90.50 on a room with no tv and no water.. just a bed. Still to this day not had the pathetic £18.00 refund and now they’re ignoring my emails so here you go.. my review. Do not stay here. I feel sorry for the staff! No wonder they only had 2 or 3 staff on shift when we checked in. They don’t care about the paying customer they definitely won’t care about the staff. Worst gift I could’ve bought my boyfriend. Avoid!!

2  Thank Y6539TKjadem

I'm sorry to hear you encountered some issues during your stay with us.
The team here at our hotel take pride in their work and feedback is always welcomed as we continually look to improve our service for our guests.
The problems you have highlighted have already been dealt with by the front office supervisor, directly with yourself.

Reviewed 26 October 2021

Was due to stay there two nights. Woke up after my first night to find that the hotel had no water. So no showers, no washing, no water for coffee. I then had to find another hotel at short notice outside of Ipswich - which was more expensive and resulted in some hefty taxi bills. I have written to them twice for compensation and have not even had the curtesy of a reply from either the Ipswich staff or head office. I have never written a review before but I would avoid this hotel like the plague. The water incident may have been a one off but the way they have dealt with it is shocking. Don't spend your money there.

2  Thank Graham A

Dear Guest,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered some issues during your stay with us.

Please feel free to email me directly on joshua.edwards@pentahotels.com, I would be happy to address this issue with you.

Joshua Edwards

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

Well we had booked for a 3 night stay. Sadly awaking on our first morning we found no water coming out of the taps or shower, nor any way of flushing our loo!

Louis and her Team were magnificent but sadly the best Anglian Water and a commercial plumber could achieve was to fill a large tank for single use of loos and taps.

We opted for the simplest route and travelled home two days early.

The Penta is billed as an "Action" hotel and I feel best suited to guests under 40. There is a very extensive Bar area with full size Pool Table. Not sufficiently separated from the Restaurant for us.

That said, dinner on our first night was just fine and Breakfast was good apart from shortage of hot drinks.

Hayling Seagoon

2  Thank haylingseagoon

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review our hotel.
We deeply apologise that you encountered the situation with the water issue, despite being out of our control, this was not an experience we wished for the guests to share.
We always take our guests feedback on board and continually work to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2021

We stayed there for a wedding and had an awful time.

No water, IT systems down due to a ‘cyber attack’, rot in the window sills, and they DO NOT cater to the wider man.

I’ll be trying to get a refund but unless they’ve sent in Johnny lee miller from hackers to fix their cyber attack issues I doubt I’ll get anywhere

Cheers