Lowest prices for your stay
US$56
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$56
Free cancellation until 23/01/22
ZenHotels.com
US$52
Hotels.comUS$56
PricelineUS$56
getaroom.comUS$63
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2021

pleasant room, great breakfast and very good manager[laura i think!]
We had a small issue with our room but it was solved sensibly.
This hotel could do with an upgrade but it has character and that is
not usual in chain hotels

Room tip: not noisy at all even overlooking carpark
Reviewed 23 October 2021 via mobile

Good size rooms which have always been clean and tidy.
Plenty of parking space’s in a well lit car park with cctv.
Pleasant staff - Laura is super helpful and polite, great customer service.
Lots of variety at breakfast with comfortable seating.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2021 via mobile

I’ve been here a few times now and I’m m always happy to return.
The staff are great (Laura always seems to remember people’s names and give us all a personal greeting) and the rooms are always clean well prepared.
The food is always enjoyable and the bar area is nice and relaxing.
The car park is has plenty of space and is well lit.
I’m sure this won’t be my last visit.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mickey-Goujon
Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

Booking of the room was easy using the app and it may be me but was unable to book an accessible room. On visiting the bar mid afternoon and trying to pay cash for my drink I was informed there was no change in the till and that there was none in the hotel. Up to the room and the carpet in the hall looks very worn and tired and had patches in it. Entering the room and as clean as it appears the furnishings and decor is very old. Not quite what I had expected from a Premium brand hotel.

Room tip: Maybe try and book the premier inn across the road as it’s highly likely to be more up to date with its decor and furnishings
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Ipswich - Orwell, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2021

Hi davehF1717PD,

I appreciate you for staying and for leaving us feedback.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the bar not accepting cash and the overall condition of our property. I'm so sorry for all the hassle that you've been through. Know that providing every guest's needs is our top priority and we are always trying our best to give you a great impression. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 September 2021

I don't like leaving bad reviews and on this occasion it's not the actual individual hotel's fault or the management at this hotel, it's IHG group itself. Having also spent 40 minutes on a call to their Customer relations department this morning, I felt this is something I should tell people about.

So we booked a last minute stay at this hotel due to a family bereavement and to be fair there wasn't a lot of choice anywhere, so we had to take whatever we could find for a one night stay.

On arrival we were rather surprised to see the state of the building, absolutely rotten window frames, not just one but EVERY window frame, peeling paint , weeds, rubbish etc etc in the car park. The whole place in a very sorry state.

We booked two rooms and to be fair they were very clean but everything in it quite old, however perfectly decent for a one night stay.
Breakfast was average and staff again very attentive, clearing tables etc and all being very happy and helpful.
One area of the restaurant was cordoned off due damp coming through the wall, looking around whilst having breakfast, the whole place needs so much work doing to it, very sorry state of repairs.
The staff were very friendly and helpful which sort of made up for the hotels bad state of repair.

However my beef isn't with the hotel or it's management, it's not their fault, I'm more annoyed with IHG senior management who would let one of their properties get into such a state of disrepair and still expect the hotel to charge full rate.

Remember, the staff at the hotel can only do what they can with the facilities that are provided to them, so it's not their fault.

I phoned IHG customer relations which is based overseas and logged my views, they said I would get a reply...which I didn't, I had to chase them again on several occasions but could never get through, this morning I managed to get hold of someone but was on the phone for 40 minutes discussing the fact that I hadn't had a reply. All they want to do is pass you around various staff who each want to repeat why I'm calling, to sum up though, they couldn't understand why I wanted a reply and that the management were aware of my complaint, what a load of rubbish. I asked if there was someone in the UK I could talk to, an area manager, regional manager, someone who is responsible for the upkeep of their properties but they said this wasn't possible.

I told them that if this is how complaints are dealt with, and how difficult they are to log, I would simply never stay in another IHG property, they really aren't bothered.
They offered me points, which I don't really want, they would not entertain a refund even though that wasn't why I was complaining and they wouldn't progress my call to anyone in the UK.

So you can make up your own mind, an IHG hotel or go for a different brand.

Date of stay: August 2021
Martin Rudge, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich - Orwell, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Stephen,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the customer relations team at IHG, and that you have not had the outstanding stay that you or I would expect.
I assure you this is not a reflection of our usual exceptional service.
There are some structural characteristics of the building that are aging and this is something I am hoping to improve on.
I hope you have the opportunity to try our hotel again sometime soon.

Martin