“Busy popular restaurant”
Review of Ottoman

Ottoman
Ranked #5 of 466 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Visited with friends. One of the party is a vegetarian but this did not prove to be a problem. For the meat eaters there is a great menu. The lamb chops were very good indeed. We were too full to have a dessert!

1  Thank marty243

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We went on a Sunday afternoon as fancied something meaty! We were really pleased with the food and staff were lovely. We had the set menu of 1 cold meze, 1 hot and the mixed meat. Couldn't fault it and was great seeing the meat being cooked behind the glass screen. A special mention to the houmous as it was really good, just right texture and not too garlicky! We will be back.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited last night. This is the first time we have been to a Turkish restaurant. We thought the food was lovely and the staff very friendly. The only thing that I would say was a problem was they didn't heat the plates before serving so the food went cold quickly. But apart from that a great place

1  Thank John M
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I would have taken photos of the excellent food, but we ate it too fast. We have eaten a lot of genuine Turkish food and this was without a doubt the best. The dishes were all carefully and skill fully cooked. My 12 year old son who is quite picky said that it was the best food he has ever had. Nice decor too

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

First time visit and I was not disappointed! This little hidden gem has a simple cosy layout. The staff were attentive and polite from beginning to end. The borek starter was beautifully fresh and the tarak from the chefs special starter menu my partner had tasted amazing! We both had chicken mains I opted for tavuk sis - simple yet perfect. The Tavuk guvec my partner opted for was an extremely tasty casserole - we will most certainly visit again to try more of the menu. A definite must try for foodies!