Lowest prices for your stay
ibis
US$49
TravelocityUS$53
Expedia.comUS$53
Destinia.comUS$61
All reviews train station town centre central location few minutes walk tesco
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Big comfy bed with very soft pillows, I didn't want to get out of! The staff was great - swift check in. Didn't hear a peep at night. Covid measurements are in place and there are hand sanitizers at reception and in the landing next to the lift. 10/10 will come back.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Hannah Chapman, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2021

Hello,

Thank you for your review.
I am so pleased to hear your stay was really nice and met expectations. We pride ourselves in the service we deliver and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2020

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Hannah Chapman, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2020

Reviewed 7 November 2020

The reception staff were welcoming and professional but the room was not clean. It would have been considered gross before coronavirus and now it is completely unsafe. The toilet clearly hadn't been cleaned (including the seat) and there was something brown (assuming chocolate, hopefully nothing worse) smeared on the room door handle. I spent my first 10 mins on arrival scrubbing every handle, switch and surface with tissues and hand sanitiser. I felt I had to try not to touch anything I hadn't cleaned myself so not a particularly relaxing evening. Not sure when the room was last used and whether it had been aired between the last guest and me. I hope the management there will step up the cleaning ASAP to keep their guests safe.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

We do take covid very seriously and have intense cleaning procedures in place, I hope that you reported the issue immediately to reception who would have ensured a room move, we cannot act after the event but we can if something is brought to our attention. Whilst I appreciate, that you should not have faced any issue sometimes human error occurs and it may be that the room was let prior to final inspection which would have seen these issues lifted.

We hope that you will once again stay and see this is an exception.

Reviewed 3 October 2020

The worst hotel I’ve ever encountered. I won’t spend too much time discussing the McDonald’s chips and crisp packets under the bed, because the COVID party next door is what really made it. As we entered the hotel, a large group of teenagers were hanging around outside with clinking bags of alcohol. 2 by 2 they all checked in within 10 minutes of each other, hotel staff none the wiser. I hope this was due to their naive ignorance, and not a purposeful choice to look the other way in order to get more custom. They all piled into one room, and were screaming and shouting until...well, I’ll let you know; it’s currently 3am and they’re still going strong. To make matters worse, the phone in the room is apparently just for decoration and does not work, and all phone numbers for the reception are disconnected. When we decided enough was enough, we went down to the reception desk to be met by a baffled receptionist who had no idea what was going on. His attempts at ‘I’ll sort it’ are yet to be fruitful. You’ll see all over booking sites about their ‘COVID safe’ hotel - which I was amused by as I unsuccessfully searched for a reception number at 3am - but clearly that only extends to face masks in the lobby, and not preventing or intervening in large parties happening in one of their rooms. These events would be unfortunate in the best of times, but during a pandemic it is outright dangerous, and Ibis are putting their staff and customers at risk by not taking precautions to prevent these events.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hannah Chapman, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Dear Reviewer,

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.
The individuals you mention all had rooms booked with us, we are not prejudice against anyone and never make assumptions as to what a guests plans maybe.
We are very sorry that your phone was not working and we will ask our maintenance team to investigate to ensure the phones are in good working order. I understand from speaking with the team member working, that he did in fact go up and sort the issue of the guests next door and after that there were no further issues.
The reception phone number and the covid secure are of no affiliation and do not go hand in hand, the phone number is in the room. We do our best to intervene and prevent such incidents however when guests check in to different rooms at different times it is not known to use their intention, as I am sure you will understand that with the lock down measures in place hotels subsequently become the next place to go to and we do our best to respond and prevent if this does occur in our hotel. We are by no means intentionally putting anyone at risk, I am just very sorry that this occurred during your stay as this is not what happens nor what we allow.

Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

For the first time going into the hotel, it was a great first experience. Obviously, that’s what I expected which is a good start. The rooms are very comfortable and also at very low prices. The room service is average, some of the responses were quite slow but still came so we’ll allow that. The check-in process is very quick and the staff are friendly. I would recommend this hotel if you want to be easy on the budget.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hannah Chapman, General Manager at Ibis Stevenage Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2020

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us, apologies in not getting back to you quicker, this is something I will ensure the team work on.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.