Hotel du Vin Poole
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,324 results
All reviewsroll top bathmonsoon showernespresso machinemansion housechateaubriandcar parklovely buildingmini barparking is limitedmulti storeymain buildingwine liststandard roomeggs benedictper nightafternoon teagreat room
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Hotel overnight as I was doing business in Poole. The hotel entrance and room were fantastic. I had a standard room but it was so big. Plus the welcome was fantastic! I also had breakfast there which was again beautiful and you felt well looked after. It is a bit of a rabbits warren inside though with lots of random staircases. I did get a bit lost trying to get out when I first arrived.

The only downside is that they forgot to give me my wake up call I requested and my newspaper. Luckily I set my alarm on my phone just incase. That's why it only gets 4 stars from me. However if you like your mini bars you will love this charming hotel!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Christian S, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Mikerainsford,

thank you for your feedback and kind comments. Please accept my apologies about the missed wake-up call, but plan B worked.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

This was our first experience of Hotel du Vin and we were suitably impressed, a superb hotel in an excellent location just a few minutes for the quay. The hotel has a charming relaxed atmosphere with staff who are very attentive and who deliver an exceptional level of service. We took advantage of the Sunday night offer and booked a double terrace but were upgraded on arrival to a superb studio suite and the bistro is both elegant and informal and provides quality food and drink. Our only concern would be the parking which could be a pain but we were lucky as there was one of the limited spaces available on arrival. No complaints and we’ll certainly book another stay at this or one of Hotel du Vins other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian T,

thank you for your time writing your great feedback, which I have forwarded to the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Great hotel, lovely rooms with superb facilities. Loved the bath in the bedroom and the huge walk in shower room.
Main let down was the wi-fi, not only slow 1Mb/s at best and much worse when trying to upload photos. Also coverage was inconsistent and having to put email address in every time I logged on (you know who I am) - why get everything else right and miss this one?

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob P,

thank you for your valued feedback and i am pleased that you, overall, enjoyed our hotel.
Due to the layout of the hotel there is one or two black spots within the building, but generally we have good wi-fi coverage.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I shared the Torres suite with a friend having decided to treat ourselves on a weekend away. The room was lovely and and all the touches you look for in a room are provided: tea and coffee; free wi-fi; fresh milk in the mini-bar; Ren toiletries; an iron and ironing board if needed etc. Linens are spotlessly clean and the bathroom is super - there's a double shower for anyone too shy to use the roll top bath in the bedroom. This would be a five star review but for a few small niggles which, at nearly £300 a night, you don't expect: breakfast was rather chaotic - no glasses for juice, no bowls for cereal, no spoons on the table - and the champagne we ordered from the bar on the night of our arrival came in dirty glasses. This is a lovely hotel - the staff are very friendly and there's a nice relaxed atmosphere - plus they validate your parking if you're forced to use the NCP which is about 5-10 minutes away. My quibbles are only small and shouldn't put anyone off staying here. They're just the things that, for me, stop a very good hotel from being a great one. Each is very easily fixed though.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Christian S, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Poole, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Dear ajh8368,

thank you for your time writing your review and I have forwarded your comments to the rest of the team.
You are 100% correct in saying that the little things would have made all the important differences and we will make sure that they happen.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We are regulars at the Hotel du Vin Poole, you are always greeted with a warm welcome, service today even though the restaurant very busy, was superb. My Husband's roast beef was perfect and my chicken succulent oh, let's not forget the gravy so lovely it must be sinful! The market table was laden with goodies, if you haven't tried it you are missing out! Special thanks to Will and Carlos x

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Diane B,

thank you so much for your kind comments and 5* rating, which is always a pleasure to forward to the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best regards