“Genuine local style Italian”

Da Vinci's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 377 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$14 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: On the second floor of a venerable warehouse, located on the water's edge along bustling Poole Quay, Da Vinci's Pizzeria is open for lunch and dinner every day and offers a casual dining experience in true Italian style! With picturesque views of Poole Harbour's glistening waters, antique charm and a friendly welcome from your Italian hosts there will be no need to go all the way to Italy to enjoy such hospitality and beauty. Relaxing and comfortable from the moment you step inside, Da Vinci's menu ranges from freshly cooked pasta and homemade pizzas to a full range of a la carte dishes. The daily changing Specials Board also offers seasonal dishes such as freshly caught Sea Bass and Tropical Rainbow Trout. For added privacy, there is also a dedicated dining area for parties and celebrations of up to 40 people.
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We ate here on the Sat evening over the end of May bank hol weekend when we hadn't arranged anything in advance and thankfully they still had a free table as they were busy and soon after there was queue.
Food portions were a good size and one of our starters - prawns -was particularly good as were our fish and seafood risotto mains. The staff were obviously characters and rushing around with the manager looking on but we didn't have to wait too long. Italian food isn't our first choice but we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Whilst out at Poole Harbour the other night, we were walking past the back of Da Vinci's Restaurant and it looked so friendly and inviting we decided to have our evening meal there.
The staff were very friendly and helpful but they were extremely busy at the time so we were kept waiting for a bit.
The food was amazing, the setting was rustic (we were sat outside at the back) and the Restaurant was really lovely,The only thing that stopped me giving them an Excellent rating was the cost of a bottle of "House White Wine" was £30, otherwise a great evening.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

The food in this restaurant is probably some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten. Great choice of meals, friendly staff, good prices and a lovely authentic Italian atmosphere. I highly recommend Da Vinci's!!

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Charming efficient staff. My risotto was soupy with some random undercooked grains of rice. My partners chicken with mushrooms was over cooked. Bruschetta with aubergine and cheese had warm and cold pockets. Maybe as it was a Monday their regular chef was off. I mentioned about the risotto and was told they would let the chef know. I felt a little pressured as when I asked for tap water the retort was "still or sparkling " , when we ordered glasses of wine a bottle was offered.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

I have eaten a few times in this restaurant, and usually the food is excellent. It was not good this time. There was only one other party in the restaurant. The service was not quick and my son's garlic bread was burnt round the edges. Had to wait a long time for our meal, (they did bring us complementary olives), When arrived all looked good, but my pizza was black at the bottom. I returned it, it came back had to return again as did not have all fillings that they said, when it came back this pizza was also burnt at the bottom. By this time my children had finished their food. They offered me the pizza with burnt bit of pizza cut off, I said no to this. They offered me a complementary pudding, but was not interested as had not had a meal. Very disappointed. They were apologetic..