“Outsranding in every aspect”

The Guildhall Tavern
Ranked #5 of 360 Restaurants in Poole
Price range: US$19 - US$67
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fresh locally sourced best seafood, fish, meat and vegetables. French cuisine. Takeaway from the restaurant in a very responsible social distance. Our menu is updated every week, according to market availability.
Reviewed 16 March 2017

My wife had 2 starters and I had main course only (monkfish in thai sauce) all the food was superb and the service is attentive without being grovelling. Building and decor just right.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank cwsjms
Write a reviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This was a good meal. It was not excellent, but very good. The owners are very nice and they are French indeed. We spoke to them in French quite a bit being as that we reside in Monaco and France. Unfortunately the main course that I asked for was scallops and some other shell fish, but it came floating in a heavy cream type sauce, almost like a gratin, which was not indicated on the menu. Luckily for me one of my colleagues at the table was more than happy to switch, and she had a pavé de saumon. It was fine. But I make salmon at home so I wasn't interested in getting a salmon plate in an expensive restaurant, but at least I had a decent meal.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

We (4) ate here to celebrate our friends 40 birthday
The food was excellent and the service exemplary!
I had Dover sole as did my wife and it was the best ever ! Our friends had steak and again it faultless!
Desert was perfect !
Can recommend this restaurant to anyone ! It's not cheap but it's well worth the little extra cost compared to other eateries
John and Lisa

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Don't often do these reviews, but feel compelled to say that, as ever, this was a hugely enjoyable experience, with excellent food in a comfortable old place with a delightful ambience. Service, as is normal here, was terrific, the surprise being the birthday cake and accompanying serenade!

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent lunch at Guildhall on a Monday lunctime using some Xmas gift vouchers. The onion soup was a great starter followed by pan fried fish and crepes to finish. Nice atmosphere for a Monday lunchtime with friendly and attentive service.