All reviewscompact roomsausagemini bartown centrefresh milk in the fridgepleasant stayfull englishbusy roadmain roadcricket groundevening mealhairdryercharacterstopover
Reviewed 22 November 2015

went for a meal with friends was a great atmosphere and staff. Lots of choice on the menu.
We had an amazing night made better by the politeness of staff. Great location in Taunton aswell.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

Met business colleagues in the bar and we had a quick lunch before we left.

Two of us had the salmon which was beautifully cooked and the Caesar salad pronounced tasty and with plenty of chicken.

Well located hotel with parking with helpful and friendly staff too.

Stayed: November 2015
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Thank you for your review and I am happy to say we are open for Sunday Lunch again.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

Having booked this hotel for a family weekend away, I was somewhat downhearted by the exterior when my taxi dropped me at reception. That's where things changed. The staff are fantastic. I had the disabled access room on the ground floor which is well appointed and has a thoughtfully adapted bathroom. My brothers and their wives / children were more than happy with their rooms. Dogs and children are not only tolerated but genuinely welcomed. There were a cosmopolitan mix of clients in the bar - a young football crowd, our family group of 7 - including me in a wheelchair, a toddler and a terrier, older couples and a young couple with a babe-in-arms - yet the atmosphere, helped by the enthusiastic staff, was fantastic. Dinner in the restaurant was good, solid British food with a twist - beautifully cooked, well presented and, let's face it, not cheap - but you get what you pay for and it was worth every penny. The breakfast menu was extensive and I would recommend the eggs Benedict to everyone. To sum up, I'll never stay anywhere else ine the South West of the UK again. Well done. (And a big thanks for the sense of humour of the owner and his staff getting me out at the end of my stay - they know the reasons & they were fantastic)

Stayed: November 2015
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Thank you for making me smile and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The staff work hard and the best part about the job is having happy customers and no matter what people say it has to be real.

Just a note to all readers that we are installing car park barriers as I write this and from December Car Parking charges will apply.

Reviewed 12 October 2015

Having visited their sister restaurant / hotel in Winchcombe, I had high expectations for my visit to Sausage & Wine in Taunton. I'll cut them some slack as they were undergoing a refurbishment during my stay but I really wasn't very impressed.
I was really looking forward to breakfast considering they are famed for their sausages, however it was a massive let down, after a long delay our full English arrived with no sausages! and no explanation- I wonder if they'd also run out of wine!? The baked beans were also cold, which is the ultimate no no for me . I overheard the waitress informing the table next to us that the block pudding stack was unavailable as they'd run out of potato cakes, so we weren't alone in our disappointment. It was a shame as the hotel was nice otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chas D
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2015

Gareth our General Manager at The White Hart in Winchcombe will be happy to hear that the quality of his offering is superior to ours and has kindly now offered his help to improve the breakfast offering. We will have to up our game.

Whilst it is true we were undergoing refurbishment and certainly we were tested in many ways it is not acceptable to let you down on breakfast. Wine and Sausage without is just Wine. I am happy to say we have now re opened and whilst be have not launched as there is still snagging work we can now concentrate on delivering the highest level of service that our guests expect.

I trust on your next visit you will appreciate the improvements and that you will not receive underwhelming service.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and the feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed 10 October 2015

Stayed in Taunton for a few nights on business. Generally a positive stay, main points as below.

Positives
-Rooms comfortable, good sized bathroom with tea/coffee selection. My rooms was on the small size ('compact' room), which wasn't a problem for me, but bearing in mind if you travel as a pair.
-Good wifi
-Restaurant food is excellent, had 2 very nice meals.
-Decent location, 5 minutes' drive from centre of Taunton, or a 10 minute walk.

Negatives
-Sleep was a bit disturbed, woken up a few times by outside noise early morning during the week.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and I am happy to say that our restaurant is now fully open with an expanded bar area.

For guests visiting on the next few weeks there are works planned in the car park to install barriers and so access may be restricted up to 5 pm now and then.