US$132
US$110
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$123
US$99
US$132
US$128
Priceline
US$83
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$142
US$117
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

US$180
US$162
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

Catwell House(Taunton)
US$139
Travelodge Taunton(Taunton)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
US$77
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
US$86
PremierInn.com
All reviewscompact roomsausagemini bartown centrefresh milk in the fridgeno liftpleasant staybusy roadfull englishcricket groundmain roadevening mealhairdryercharacter
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

This little hotel is in a great location for Taunton town centre and offers comfortable rooms, great food and friendly, helpful staff.
When booking, be aware that it is housed in an old building, on a busy road and some of the rooms are slightly quirky in their shape and size!
Please don’t let this put you off... but because of this, I would recommend booking directly with the hotel so they can help you choose a room that best suits your requirements.
My double room on the second floor had a large comfy bed and was towards the back of the hotel, away from the busy road - perfect for a peaceful nights sleep! The mini fridge with complimentary fresh milk is a nice touch and everything in the room worked well, but water pressure was noticeably lacking in the shower ( probably because of the rooms location!)

Breakfast was more than adequate with hot food cooked to order and the usual cold buffet selection. I also enjoyed a very tasty, and reasonably priced, evening meal in the restaurant.

All in all, I would recommend The Corner House hotel for a short stay in Taunton town centre and will be booking again for my next visit.

Stayed: January 2018
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you for your positive review and I am so pleased to read that when next in Taunton you will be staying with us.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Located minutes from the town centre and about 20 minutes from the train station (leisurely stroll). The room was a good size with all the expected amenities. I would certainly use the restaurant as there were themed nights, The only downside was that the reception staff were unhelpful and there was limited water to the shower (dribble).

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you found our reception staff unhelpful. I am currently awaiting Wessex Water to complete the upgrade to our water mains which is now overdue.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable. Obviously making an effort to make the budget rooms as comfortable as possible.

Ideally placed for town centre.

Breakfast was excellent and nicely presented.

Only downside is some of the staff could be more pleasant.

Thanks

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am unhappy to read that any of my staff are unpleasant and it is not the usual feedback. I will look into this further.

Thanks

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Six of us spent an enjoyable two day break at the Corner House over New Year.The rooms weren't huge but spotlessly clean and well presented.The food across the two days was outstanding, which compared favourably with any restaurant.
The two days were enhanced by the outstanding service from a friendly, professional staff.Only drawback ,they ran out of pale ale ( which might have been a blessing for my liver ! )
We'd welcome a return to Taunton and the Corner House Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a good quality.But are not overlarge
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your review and it was certainly a pleasure to have your group stay with us. It certainly was not our intention to run out of Chieftan IPA however despite it being ordered it did not materialise, an unwanted Christmas present from our supplier. Unlike the other draught products I cannot get Chieftan from our local wholesaler who could deliver on the day and we use in these sort of instances.

Have a great 2018.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent however the room was extremely small even though we paid for an upgrade. By the time the ironing board and iron were in the hanging space there was no room for clothes. I don't know where the ironing board could be fitted in to iron! The bed was small, the room overheated and the shower was the worst I have ever experienced. Not in the same class as the Hatton Court in Gloucester ( the same group).

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and Happy New Year. We do have several room types and I am aware you were part of a group some of whom opted to pay the extra £20 for the night to stay in our large rooms rather than upgrade just one category as you did.

Having said this being New Years Eve and your stay only being for 1 night I am pleased you enjoyed the celebrations and the food. I am extremely pleased that you use Hatton Court which as you correctly indicate is a class above us being 4 star.