Lowest prices for your stay
US$63
US$58
PricelineUS$63
Agoda.comUS$63
getaroom.comUS$71
All reviews swimming pool reception staff plenty of parking one night stay breakfast was excellent sausage gym motorway harvester stopover journey junction voucher
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 October 2021

Holiday Inn used to be up market. They are terribly faded now. Like something out of the 1970’s. The beds are nothing special and the room is full of Formica. The chairs and sofas are very uncomfortable. Even the telephone was broken.

Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct.25, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2021

Hello Carole W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel.

We're committed to providing you with the best overall experience, and it seems that it didn't happen this time. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment due to the unsatisfactory upkeep of the facility, the condition of the chairs, sofa, and telephone. I shared this with our hotel management. I'm confident that the necessary actions will be discussed with the team, so better service will be sorted out.

We appreciate you choosing us for your accommodation needs. We look forward to hosting your stay again and we'll do our best to make your next visit better than the last!

Safe travels,

Jomar M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 October 2021 via mobile

I was a little disappointed in the standard of this hotel having stayed in Holiday inns in the past.
Very slow in clearing tables in the lounge and snack prices ridiculous. Cost me £12.95 for burger and chips and had to get my own cutlery. The room was okay but nothing to write home about and gone are the days when you were waited on at breakfast, it's all buffet style now.
I wouldn't go back again unless absolutely necessary.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

Booked a room with a settee didn’t get . No glasses to rinse moth after brushing teeth , no heating and half a toilet roll , and if you couldn’t use the screening device in the dining area you can’t eat but to be fair they did sort it out after I I got shall we say little upset . And to top it off a tv I think they got at a rummage sale .

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2021 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Booked months back but given a room at end of 2 long corridors. I am
A IHG member and have been since 2015. Sheet did not touch each side of bed so no tuck in and mattress exposed. Duvet was the same. Pillows very uncomfortable. It took us two nights sleep to be sorted. Carpet had a smell of dirty hoover. Extremely disappointed with this Holiday Inn. Looked short of staff. Coffee etc was not replenished in room . Would not recommend this Holiday Inn

Room tip: Situated on A very busy roundabout
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2021

I often stay at Holiday Inn hotels for both business and leisure, and you can always be sure of the quality and service you're going to get.

The Holiday Inn in Taunton felt "tired" and in need of a spruce up. We booked an Executive room. Our room was fresh and clean, but the safe didn't work, there were several broken plug sockets (although the safe and the sockets were fixed as soon as we reported it), and the air conditioning control was broken. I was told our fridge had been removed due to Covid, but the cupboard door was left hanging off it's hinges. But that's all surface-level. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom spotless.

We went during peak summer holidays and the hotel was full. The staff were friendly and hard-working, but there were not enough staff to cover the number of guests.

At breakfast, there was no-one around to greet us, take our room number or the breakfast voucher which we were supposed to hand in. The food was fresh and hot, but fruit and yoghurts, etc were not replenished quickly enough. One morning we asked for poached eggs, and had to wait almost 40 minutes to get them.

The leisure centre was clean and the staff helpful and friendly. Considering Covid and the number of families in the hotel, it was very well managed.

I feel the hotel just needs a little bit of care and attention, and enough staff at busy periods. However, it didn't spoil our overall holiday and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2021