All reviewsexercise classesdry floatoutdoor poolsteam roomdrawing roombuffet lunchaqua jetconservatory arearose gardenaromatherapy massagerefurbished roomsun loungersrelaxing breakmy mumspa hotelevening mealbar closes
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This was probably my 6th or 7th visit to Cedar Falls, the last one being in June, and I'd like to move in if possible!

It's my all-time favourite spa destination and I love to return regularly. This is helped by the amazing Travelzoo deals of course!

This time the evening menu options appeared to be larger, and the food was excellent again. The complimentary homemade bread and after dinner tea/coffee were also nice additions.

Do remember to take an old style £1 coin or trolley coin for the lockers as they are awaiting updating.

Special thanks to Sylvia for keeping the house and rooms so lovely and clean.

Another excellent stay, and already looking forward to the next one!

Room Tip: The rooms at the top can be smaller and have the wash hand basin in the room itself. Another had two steps on entering the room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The perfect place to spend a restful couple of days with a friend. Cedar Falls rest in beautiful grounds in a quiet location handily located between London and Cornwall for friends coming from both directions. Staff are attentive but unobtrusive and unhurried, food is fresh, locally sourced and excellent. Afternoon tea was particularly sumptuous.
We needed some respite and we found it here. Unlike many spa hotels there wasn't a rushed conveyor belt feel. We were free to sit quietly, use the spa facilities, walk or rest without being part of a crowd. Cedar Falls had a homely feel, in parts a little dated but that was part of the charm in some ways. We will be back for sure (I might just bring my own pillow to match the softness of the bed).

Room Tip: Ask for a newly decorated luxury twin to share with a friend.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I took my daughter to cedar falls as a birthday treat and we had a wonderfully relaxing time. It had been a few years since my last visit but the atmosphere was still as serene as always. There have been lots of refurbishments carried out and the twin room we shared was stunning. Plenty of room and a huge ensuite!
We each booked in for one long aromatherapy massage on the Saturday which we both agreed was heavenly. Our therapists were amazing and I would say it was the best massage I have ever had. The dry float on Sunday was really good too and can’t really be described! Just go for it. It’s blissful.
The loungers in the conservatory are lovely to just relax, read and then get up to have the occasional swim or jacuzzi visit. The tranquility room is exactly that... peaceful and relaxing with big squishy beanbags and salt lamps.
Every meal we had was delicious and plentiful too and the friendly relaxed atmosphere in the dining room made the whole experience wonderful.
Actually every single member of staff we encountered from the moment we walked in was delightful. Nothing was ever too much trouble...It made all the difference to how quickly and easily we relaxed!
We hope to return to cedar falls soon and highly recommend visiting as a special treat. It really is a gem of a place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Katemurphy151
Reviewed 14 November 2017

This was my third visit and I was not disappointed. My last visit was 4 years ago and it was good to see that rooms and public areas had been updated. The food is delicious. Continental breakfast, three course lunch and dinner. I stayed on a 4 night spa break and treatments included were excellent. No exercise classes in the afternoons this time but there were three every morning plus the gym is open all day. My room was lovely, room 23. Lovely espa toiletries in bathroom. Gardens are beautiful and we walked into Bishops Lydeard one morning which is a very pretty village. Staff are very friendly. Il. Generally quite fussy but was delighted here. Can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: Check out spa break packages for best value
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Foodiemummy1967
Reviewed 12 November 2017

A group of us have been coming to Cedar Falls for 14 consecutive years and each year we see what's changed and this year it was the food. A fabulous dinner menu which was absolutely delicious. Breakfast and lunch were equally good. As soon as you arrive at Cedar Falls you feel you have arrived in your own Narnia! Cocooned from the outside world, you can enjoy as little or as much of what's on offer at Cedar Falls. The Spa treatments are for me an essential part of my stay. The therapists do the best pedicures I have experienced and all other treatments are as good. Cedar Falls is in a stunning location particularly at this time of the year with all the spectacular autumn colours and you can wander around the extensive grounds. The bedroom are ok, very comfy but of varying sizes and differing views and you pay the same rate. A must is the shop which sells a melange of items, beautiful clothes, lovely jewellery, handbags and other items - I always want to buy the lot! It's a great shame when the end comes and I leave to go home.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends