Cedar Falls Health Farm
US$143
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Taunton(Taunton)(Great Value!)
All reviewsexercise classesdry floatoutdoor poolsteam roomdrawing roomevening talksbuffet lunchconservatory arearose gardentreatment areaindian head massagerefurbished roomsun loungersspa hotelspa staffbeauty treatmentsrelaxing break
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

After my recent overnight stay at Cedar Falls, I honestly couldn’t fault it and loved every minute.

There have been many improvements and I feel that the issues raised on trip advisor in the past have really been listened to and acted upon.

My friend and I stayed in room 20. Small but perfectly adequate, a refurbished room and really lovely. Clean and relaxing with comfy beds and a powerful hot shower with gorgeous espa products to use.

A good choice of homemade cakes brought to the poolside were available.

Warm fires roaring every where and a stunning Christmas tree and Christmas music quietly playing in the background made the whole place feel very Christmassy.

The ladies shower refurb has been completed with fantastic new showers. Such a difference from what was there before. They are working their way through modernising the place and it really is a huge improvement, making it look clean and modern whilst retaining the character.

The food was the best I have ever had at Cedar Falls and was outstanding quality. A choice of 4 starters, main courses and puddings,I had the soup, duck and chocolate tart. All of which was delicious and I can’t begin to describe how tasty it was. Breakfast again was amazing. I had a full cooked breakfast for an additional £6.50 which was good value for the quality. It is so obvious there has been a change of chef. Compliments to him as food was outstanding.

All in all I cannot fault Cedar Falls. It is back to where it was a few years ago, if not better in areas.

The staff were all so friendly and couldn’t do enough for us.

Really can’t wait to return. Such a relaxing and enjoyable couple off days.

The improvements you have made are very much noticed. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2017

From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed. Although our room was small it was comfortable and had everything we needed. The spa facilities are excellent. I had one of the best massages I have ever experienced. And every meal we had was excellent.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 12 December 2017

This was probably my 6th or 7th visit to Cedar Falls, the last one being in June, and I'd like to move in if possible!

It's my all-time favourite spa destination and I love to return regularly. This is helped by the amazing Travelzoo deals of course!

This time the evening menu options appeared to be larger, and the food was excellent again. The complimentary homemade bread and after dinner tea/coffee were also nice additions.

Do remember to take an old style £1 coin or trolley coin for the lockers as they are awaiting updating.

Special thanks to Sylvia for keeping the house and rooms so lovely and clean.

Another excellent stay, and already looking forward to the next one!

Room Tip: The rooms at the top can be smaller and have the wash hand basin in the room itself. Another had two steps on entering the room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2017

The perfect place to spend a restful couple of days with a friend. Cedar Falls rest in beautiful grounds in a quiet location handily located between London and Cornwall for friends coming from both directions. Staff are attentive but unobtrusive and unhurried, food is fresh, locally sourced and excellent. Afternoon tea was particularly sumptuous.
We needed some respite and we found it here. Unlike many spa hotels there wasn't a rushed conveyor belt feel. We were free to sit quietly, use the spa facilities, walk or rest without being part of a crowd. Cedar Falls had a homely feel, in parts a little dated but that was part of the charm in some ways. We will be back for sure (I might just bring my own pillow to match the softness of the bed).

Room Tip: Ask for a newly decorated luxury twin to share with a friend.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I took my daughter to cedar falls as a birthday treat and we had a wonderfully relaxing time. It had been a few years since my last visit but the atmosphere was still as serene as always. There have been lots of refurbishments carried out and the twin room we shared was stunning. Plenty of room and a huge ensuite!
We each booked in for one long aromatherapy massage on the Saturday which we both agreed was heavenly. Our therapists were amazing and I would say it was the best massage I have ever had. The dry float on Sunday was really good too and can’t really be described! Just go for it. It’s blissful.
The loungers in the conservatory are lovely to just relax, read and then get up to have the occasional swim or jacuzzi visit. The tranquility room is exactly that... peaceful and relaxing with big squishy beanbags and salt lamps.
Every meal we had was delicious and plentiful too and the friendly relaxed atmosphere in the dining room made the whole experience wonderful.
Actually every single member of staff we encountered from the moment we walked in was delightful. Nothing was ever too much trouble...It made all the difference to how quickly and easily we relaxed!
We hope to return to cedar falls soon and highly recommend visiting as a special treat. It really is a gem of a place.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family