Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,450 results
All reviews boat house swimming pool boathouse restaurant on site vintage area leisure centre south view sun holiday water features central heating kids entertainment changing rooms next year evening entertainment lovely caravan lovely site static caravan
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2021

We booked a static caravan for a week at Southview. Holiday Park. Our group consisted of 3 adults and 2 grand children. We found the caravan easily and the contact less check in was easy. Our first impressions were that the park was ok some thought had gone into landscaping to make it an attractive park and make it a suitable place to stay for families. On our first evening we went to the entertainment centre/Showbar, It was bedlam, the place was full and massive queues for the bar. As the evening progressed it was evident that tables weren't being cleaned and no sanitizing was being done, in fact it was an ideal atmosphere for Covid to flourish and I commented to my son that if we were going to catch Covid it would be in the showbar. I know restrictions have been lifted but Parkdean have a responsibity and a duty to their guests to provide a safe environment.. During the week nothing improved in the showbar. There were further disapointments the following day when I was told the fishing lake was closed due to infection, one of the main reasons for booking Southview was to have fishing on the doorstep as I have COPD so trailing to another site wasn't what I had wanted. The boathouse resteraunt was poor with over priced food and most of the menu being off this forced us to look for alternative eating choices off site. During the week I didn,t see any member of management assessing the situation reference the overcrowding in the showbar, the hygiene and the endless queues. Over the last 20 months I have manage to avoid catching Covid but unfortunately Southview got the better of me and today I tested positive for Covid along with two other members of my family. 3 generations.

1  Thank ern7042
Parkdean Resorts, Guest Services / Front Office at Southview Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Hi there, thank you for your review. It's dissatisfying to hear that you did not enjoy your holiday here at Southview.

Please contact us further to share your specific concerns, so that we can address these for you.

We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back to one of our 67 holiday parks again when the time is right. ^SA

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Stayed here in the tourers section for three nights on a supreme pitch. Pitch drainage was blocked, grass half dead and a large bumble nest present. Elsan point is disgusting and situated right next to someone’s pitch, and there is only one toilet block for all users which is in a poor state. Recommend pitching somewhere else.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Champagnelife2010 thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care. ^SA

Reviewed 10 August 2021

When we first arrived we worked out where our pitch was which took longer as someone was on it! After travelling back to reception to inform them we were put on the pitch next to our original one as we informed them it was free at the time. Not sure what would have been done if we hadn't made the suggestion as I don't think they looked into it.. I was also told others were waiting due to people being on their pitch. After cleaning the rubbish ect from around the pitch we set up.

I'm going to get the the point with this.
Toilets/showers weren't cleaned to a good standard. There was one toilet block for everyone?
Some Taps didn't work in toilets and showbar and some soap dispenses weren't working.

Show bar was packed! Tables not cleared and never sore anyone wiping a table.

Booked swimming but that wasn't necessary because they were going to just over pack it anyway.

I feel like they didn't meet pre covid cleaning standards but when Covid is still such a big issue this is ridiculous.

It's like it was no longer an issue and this is what is so unsafe.

1  Thank Very_Unhappy_Camper2

Very_unhappy_camper2, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. ^SA

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Not normally one to leave a bad review but unfortunately going to. When we arrived we was told not to enter the caravan as the sign on the door was still red indicating that the cleaners hadn't finished but after a hour or so later we were told that they had forgotten to take then sign down! One the 1st night we tried the fish and chip shop for tea but it wasn't great! They messed the order up and had to return there to collect what they had missed out! Also its not great food despite charging a fortune! When we went to the show bar it wasn't very clean. They caravan we hired was supposed to be mid range but it was very very basic and not what you'd expected and also wasn't very clean, stunk of smoke some of the doors wouldn't close,the toilet was leaking and the seat was broken. The stay was also ruined but the noise around the caravans at night going on till the early hours of the morning consisting kids running around the caravan gone mid night,shouting and swearing by adult and car music and horns going off. I had to call security at 2am to help deal with the noise. Ideally they need patrols are the park at night so it isn't a free for all! We didn't try any other activities or places at the park as the show bar and restaurant are at opposite ends. Also we felt let down by the experience so opted to go off the park as much as possible

2  Thank 741gleng

Hi there, thank you for taking some time to leave us this review regarding your stay at Southview. It's disheartening to hear about your experience whilst holidaying with us.

Our guests’ feedback is invaluable to us, and we rely heavily on our guest's feedback and recommendations. This helps us to continually improve and refine the park as well as the service that we provide. Please contact us further to share your specific concerns with us, so we can address these for you.

We do hope to have a chance to welcome you back to one of our 67-holiday parks again in the not-too-distant future, to restore your faith in Parkdean Resorts. ^SA

Reviewed 10 August 2021 via mobile

Holiday from hell. Terrible, non-existent customer service.

We didn't get the caravan we booked, which we booked about 9 months in advance. Instead the van we were put in was a very old, private owned van with mould on the walls, ripped and stained upholstery, seating and dirty cushions. There were holes in the walls badly filled with marks everywhere. There was large prints on the walls of 'Scar Face' holding machine guns, and pictures with blood over his face. (This is a family caravan, which we have a 7 year old little girl.)

The weeds were overgrown all around the van, the path up was very uneven, broken paving slabs and dangerous. There were broken smashed flower pots outside the van, the flooring was filthy, food crumbs and debris all over the floor on arrival. The kitchen floor was uneven, badly laid with gaps in. The list of problems was endless.

After complaining and raising our concerns with reception, we waited over 4 HOURS to get a response waiting around losing our holiday time. (Also on a separate note, this was all on arrival day which was our Wedding Anniversary and the main reason for the holiday! The park were aware of this, as I'd phoned in advance to ask if they could do anything for me to surprise my wife. Not quite what I had in mind!)

After a very long wait in the caravan, reception told us the Manager would come and see us and look what the problem was and sort it. The 'Manager' eventually turned up after to look at the caravan we'd been given, she told us straight away that it wasn't the same van we booked and was in fact a completely different model. She also agreed the cleaning standards were not acceptable, nor were the scar face pictures on the wall or the general state of repair!

She then told us we needed to go and tell Reception as they would need to sort it, as she wasn't actually the manager she was only the assistant facilities manager and looked after the cleaning side of things so she couldn't do anything!! Glad we waited in for hours for her to tell us how bad our van was but she couldn't do anything!

After then going back to reception, and even more waiting around we were then contacted back by reception early evening to then be told they will move us to a different better van. But we would then also have to I've again on Friday to a 3rd van as they didn't have one available for the duration of our stay! Our van was so bad, we agreed to view the 'new' alternative van and if it was better were willing to move mid holiday. Reception told us where the new van was and to make our way over, someone would meet us there in 10 minutes to show us around and check it was OK for us. So we headed over to the van, which was at the furthest point away in the park in the very far top corner! Miles for where we originally were. We waited for someone to come and meet us, we were told they'd be there in 10 mins. 45 MINUTES OF WAITING, and guess what. Nobody ever came to meet us! Another hour lost of our holiday, whilst mega stressed this was now getting into evening time!! The van was unlocked so we looked around inside and checked it out before walking back to reception to tell them, it was a smaller van than we had been given and smaller than what we booked. No en-suite, 1 less bedroom and it only had 4 small single beds in the whole van with no extra bedding or Pillows etc. It was also a disabled van, so a wet room instead of proper bathroom, the sliding door in the bedroom wouldn't open or close, the kitchen was all lowered so gave you back ache to wash up etc! But it was a much newer, and much cleaner van so we agreed it was better to sleep in and stay.

So we agreed to stay in the new van and arranged this with reception, I explained and made very clear about 6 TIMES that we didn't have the right beds or enough bedding. They apologised for noone coming to meet us and having to wait so long again, they reassured me they already knew the beds needed swapping for us but wanted to check the van was OK for us. They told us they already were planning to take 1 single out and replace it with a double and new bedding, this would be done straight away for us an no problem. I then checked this and asked about 8 TIMES that it would definitely be done as reception were about to close up for the day, and if it wasn't done when we went back after the evening entertainment we wouldn't all have somewhere to sleep or the right bedding Pillows etc. She reassured us 100% it was on hand and would definitely all be sorted for when we got back in the evening. So we went and packed all our stuff back out the old van loaded the car up etc, and went over to the evening entertainment as by this point it was very late and we'd missed the 1 hour or so of kids entertainment.

When the night came to a close, we headed back to the new van ready to take our stuff in and get some sleep. This was around 11pm. And we were absolutely gobsmacked to see the 4 single beds still there, no extra bedding, Pillows or quilt! And not enough beds, they hadn't been done!!

With reception closed they only number to call or contact was security, I then spent the next 30 mins trying to get through and repeatedly calling. I literally called over 30 times, I have this in our call logs! No answer and voicemail full, unable to leave a message!! A very upset, stressed tired family, with a very tired and confuses little one and a very stressed mum and dad on the night of our wedding anniversary! I then sent a number of texts to the security mobile number and then drove back over to the complex to find them. I was then told he could so nothing as not his job, and the only 1 maintenance guy on the site has only been there 1 week and doesn't have access to the beds or wouldn't know how to change them for us so we'd need to wait until tomorrow to talk to reception again! I said we literally don't even have a quilt or pillow, so he asked the maintenance guy to bring us some. We then waited another 30 mins for this to come, he then turned up literally threw a few sheets in our face and told us he had no quilts or Pillows and ran off before we could say anything!!! I was then fuming and very upset! I then had to drive to the hotel as a last resort to before for a pillow and quilt to sleep on the sofa! So we then all slept in separate single beds, and I spend the night on the sofa with my wife in with the Little one on our wedding anniversary! I left a very clear, unhappy message for reception to pick up in the morning and asked them to call me urgently. I also asked the hotel to pass on a message for them to contact me and the same with security.

The next day came, I waited until lunch and nothing fr the park. No call, no new beds nothing. So I chased, they apologises again and promised to sort.

We waited in, a guy came to 'lookout our room and took a single bed away. But didn't have a new bed! We were then going to go out, so asked him that he was definitely going to bring the replacement double bed and bedding. He said yes of course, made a joke that he wouldn't and was quite friendly. Wasn't surprised about our issues he told us. But said we could go and he'd sort it all for us and make up the new double bed when he bought it back.

We went out came back a few hours later, the guy had dumped and left a bag of bedding on the outside patio area, with an u built bed frame on the floor, legs and screws all separate, and mattress leaning against the van! It had also not long started raining at this point so we carried it all into the van and reported this to reception! Again, they said sorry and were shocked this happened!! (Apparently!) But promised to sort it and they would come out and build the bed and make it up for us while we were out. Again I asked about 6 times to check they would so we didn't have to go back again before the entertainment. They promised it would all be done!

Went back about 11pm on the second night, and what a surprise nobody had been and built the bed or touched it or been in at all! It was left where we'd carried it in. So we then had to use coins to screw the bed together and build it ourselves at 11o'clock at night whilst our little one should have been in bed!

The next day complained, asked for the manager 3 days in a row. The General Manager still was no where in site and unavailable, I had asked everyday to see them. Complained and said they were sorry again! (There were far from sorry and it meant nothing!) Was told someone would come back to me. They didn't. Completely ruined our holiday, and reduced family members to tears.

On day 4 we were offered some vouchers that had to be spent on site in the restaurant or bar before the end of our holiday, so accepted them and went to restaurant. We waited 1hr and 45 mins after ordering for our food, and out of the main meals on the menu they only had ONE option available as the rest were all out of stock!! It was a shambles and just highlights even more how terrible this place was, it wasn't just the van and staff in reception it was across the entire park. There is a SERIOUS MANAGEMENT FAILING HERE and nothing was being done about it.

We ordered on the app in the bar at night, waited 50 mins for drinks. When we asked where they were, we were told they didn't get our order as it doesn't always work!! So then had to go to the bar to get them ourselves anyway.

Every night of the holiday, the average que time for drinks was at least 30-40mins every time you wanted a drink! It was shocking.

Some of the entertainment team were really rude and unpleasant, they only seemed to care about themselves and their own vanity. Customer experience was far from their priority!!

On day two of the holiday there was a major problem with the sewage across the site, and the whole complex and inside the show bar was filled with the most horrendous stench and smell. People were walking around and sitting at their tables with their tshirts over the noses because it was so bad. The entire place smelt of faeces, this lasted nearly 2 days. On day one there was also a water supply issue, the vans were not getting proper running water.

The communication throughout was horrendous, the entertainment programme, events, pool timetable etc were not communicated clearly or effectively and no one really knew what was happening when across the park.

What's also even more gutting, is we came to southview with the good intention of putting a deposit down on our own van after looking at the site online at how lovely it was. We definitely had a lucky escape. We spoke to some private owners on the site who explained how bad the site is managed and how downhill it had gone. In the hours we spent hanging and waiting in reception we experienced ques of people with complaint after complaint every time we were in there.

One morning we got ready for swimming and qued outside along with lots of other holiday goers, to all be sent away and told it was owners time only despite being told otherwise by Reception!

Food takeaway closed all holiday as no staff. Fish and chip show wait was over an hour both times we used it, food was greasy and not nice.

The list goes on, I could say so much more. I can safely say this is the worst holiday experience I've ever had in my life and am truly deeply saddened, and gutted by the whole experience. I've worked hard all year round and saved a lot of money for this holiday from hell!

Absolutely shocking and completely unacceptable. There are so many failings here it's incredible.

2  Thank Adam1210

Adam1210, thank you for leaving us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at 01754 896001 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you. ^SA