Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$46
PricelineUS$47
Hotels.comUS$46
TravelocityUS$46
eDreamsUS$44
FindHotelUS$46
All reviews golf break great golf round of golf three rooms sea view good nights sleep town centre short break full english breakfast tea and coffee golfers parkland links suzanne braided soundproofing butlins
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021

We booked a double and a single room. The bed in the single room was sloping and lumpy. Both bathrooms were dirty, bins not empty, marks in the bath and toilet was soiled. Welcome tray not completed - no coffee or biscuits. There were different toiletries in each room - I had 4 shampoos and the other room had 2 body wash.

Breakfast the next morning was a nightmare, long queue to get into the dining room, then a queue at the buffet as there wasn't food available.

There was a wedding on which left the Event Manager extra busy as she seemed to also be in charge of the dining room and on the reception desk, she simply couldn't complete all the tasks successfully.

The sign in the bathroom says you must use a bath mat, there wasn't one in either room, when we questioned this at reception, we were told "maybe you have to ask for one from reception" this seems to also be the case with hairdryers but with no phones in the bedroom, this makes for journeys up and down the stairs all the time.

We tried to complain before we left but unfortunately, the door locks all failed and everyone was locked out of their rooms with only one master key with the cleaner who no one could find.

In essence, we expected more for the price we paid, it was a very disappointing stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank natfish28
Mathew Flisher, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2021

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused during your most recent stay, especially as some of the issues you have experienced are not to our usual high standards.

I have responded to your booking.com review but as stated on there in regards to the breakfast, we encourage all of our guests to book a time slot for breakfast to avoid any delays. Unfortunately on the particular morning everyone seem to have the same idea and came down all within a 45 min period and thus meaning some unavoidable delays.

We have removed all unnecessary items such as bath mats and hair dryers to eliminate as many touch points as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you but this is noted in your welcome letter you would have received as part of the checkin process.

I have already discussed your points regarding the cleanliness and some items missing from the condiment tray within your rooms, as this is unacceptable and definitely below our usual high standards - so please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Reviewed 23 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for one night so the husbands could play golf. We the wives followed them around with buggies on the Saturday but Sunday they went alone. The food ,staff outstanding. Evening meal fresh, tasty and plentiful, followed by a breakfast the same . Staff friendly and helpful.
We walked to the pier via the beach foot path. Lovely beach even more so if weather was better.
Would return, see you again thanks .

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 361NIKKI

Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and we are so glad the break away worked for "the wives" too and not just the husbands.... :)

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 22 August 2021 via mobile

I have had a lovely stay and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. Just a couple of points why I did not give four stars:

No decaf tea on the premises at all so please take your own. They will give you a teapot of hot water at breakfast. Decaf coffee is also only instant. This is very unusual these days to not find decaf tea and I travel an awful lot where it isn’t normally a problem so I do hope the hotel takes this on board. People like myself on certain medication have to cut caffeine out totally. Also note currently there is one toaster so my toast was delayed. An easy fix I would have thought.

Secondly I wasn’t advised on arrival that there would be no food on the sat eve due to a wedding. The reception staff were very helpful though and helped me organise fish and chips to be delivered which I could eat in the bar. However, just not quite the thing when you pay in excess of £100 for a room and paying guests ought to be catered for.

Having said these points I thought the room was very nice and very clean. The chap on the bar was very helpful and thanks to the reception staff who were friendly and who put up with my moans on the decaf tea bags!

I would recommend this hotel but the devil is in the detail so take anything you need to if necessary.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Judy,

Many thanks for your review and valuable feedback which we will take on board.

Please accept my apologies that we had to take the unusual action of closing the bar food early as we do not take this decision lightly. However, the restaurant was open to those that had booked dinner with us we only had to close the bar food to locals and anyone who had only booked bed and breakfast which i assume you were on.

Signs were up in the hotel and this was communicated upon check in also but again we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Reviewed 15 August 2021

I stayed with my daughter for 4 nights and after a noisy first night we were assisted by the very helpful Charlotte on reception who organised a move to a quieter, more comfortable room. The breakfast was plentiful and the staff were attentive.
We also ate in the bar one evening and the bar staff were very friendly and the food was hot and tasty.
Some rooms are noisy because golfers like to start early and some rooms seem to be more modern than others but even though we weren’t there to play golf everyone was friendly and helpful.
Location near the beach is great and also close to family that we were visiting so perfect for us. You could easily walk into the town centre from here.
If we visit our family again we will definitely stay here but will ask for a quiet room.

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review and its nice to hear the team accommodated your during your stay wherever possible.

Its lovely to hear you will stay again and we look forward to when that may be.

Reviewed 12 August 2021

We booked an overnight stay to make the most of the 'just a few steps from the beach' location and had no interest in the golf course which is obviously the main draw.
We checked in early in the evening and were directed to one of three rooms in a lodge separate from the main building and headed out for a pre-supper stroll, so it wasn't until gone 10pm that we found that the promised free wi-fi didn't appear to exist - no network popped up, there was no info in the room about how to get connected and no phone to allow contact with reception. It wasn't worth tramping across the car park to try and find someone at that time of night, so we took it on the chin.
That wasn't the only issue, though - the flimsy loo seat was very loose and had to be used with care, with the fixings hidden behind panelling so they couldn't be tightened. The bathroom floor was clearly marked with the previous position of the toilet and there were signs of mould on the tiles and ceiling.
No shower mat was available despite the sticker on the wall giving guidance on how best to use one, and the drinks beakers provided were throwaway plastic. The drinks tray was a pretty poor affair - four teabags between two people for an overnight break is just cheap, not a biscuit in sight.
The room overlooked one of the greens so there was plenty of merry manly banter as players started their early morning rounds, as we checked out and reported the main problems there was a perfunctory apology but I didn't get the impression that anyone would be busting a gut to get things sorted, and as we left we cast an eye over what was on offer in the £9 breakfast and saw no reason to regret our decision to give it a miss.
On the plus side the beach is literally on the doorstep and the bed was big and comfy, but the many other niggles made us glad it was just a one night stay.

Date of stay: August 2021
Mathew Flisher, General Manager at North Shore Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues whilst here during your stay and I will look into the maintenance issues you have raised in regard to the room.

The wifi should extend to the lodge but again I will have our team look into this as it hasn't been mentioned to me before. We do have bath mats upon request and also other items such as hair dryers that we have removed from the rooms during the covid and as it is still very much around and even on the rise these are still available from reception upon request. This is detailed within the letter you would have received during checkin.

I am also dissapointed about your comments regarding our breakfast as this is a full buffet set up for the hot food and caters for all. Inside the restaurant you have a choice of cereals and fruit juice and tea and coffee delivered to your table upon your request, so I dont know what more you were expecting but their is a very good choice.