Lowest prices for your stay
US$67
US$63
PricelineUS$67
TravelocityUS$67
FindHotel
All reviews crown hotel family room gibraltar point under new management lovely hotel would stay again single bed visit skegness town centre my son bath tlc child
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2021

My family and I stayed for 1 night. Thank goodness it was only the 1 night! on arrival, first impressions from the outside is that it looks so run down. When you go inside there are random statues and a huge sofa that you would have in a living room not the reception of a hotel! On check in the receptionist had a dog sitting on their lap and out key wasn't hanging on the hook so we got given the last spare!
Room was fine to just be there to sleep in, shower cubicle didn't work, the water didn't drain so therefore used the shower in the bath, If you watched the tv in the room with the double bed the one in the twin room section didn't work. This didn't go down well with the kids.
Breakfast, no staff apart from one person wearing swimming shorts and flip flops to serve. table cloths filthy, no hygiene status what so ever. the tables were not being cleared and clean table clothes etc. breakfast itself was basic but by this point didn't expect anything fancy.
Basically I wouldn't stay here again unless I was desperate and just needed somewhere to lay my head as a base, Pictures on the hotel website are nothing like what the hotel is actually like!

Room tip: choose a different hotel
1  Thank 667leighannf
Reviewed 15 August 2021

Can't say enough about how good this hotel was. Recently taken over by current owners. The staff couldn't do enough for you. The food was excellent. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. Highly recommend the breakfast. Will be returning at earliest opportunity

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

Just got back from a truly amazing stay at the renamed Hatters Hotel and I was blown away but how fantastic the team are they work known stop to making everything perfect. The hotel is under new management and they are truly going to turn this place into an amazing hotel . The food quality is fantastic and so reasonably priced . It was so great for my son to have other children to play with this hotel is truly a family hotel . Big shout out to Lottie and Emma who are just awesome and to Dee and Gary for making us feel so at home . Give this hotel a chance they are going through lots of changes which will take time but in the end their idea will work out so well

1  Thank rhysp2013
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

Booked here last minute, having never visited before. The hotel was friendly and the room was clean, light and airy. The staff were happy to help at all times and couldn’t fault them. The hotel is child friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank W6453KDmelanieb
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed in room 118. It was bright and clean. The only problem was the noise from the bar below. It is a public bar so is open until 1 in the morning. The music was so loud that the room vibrated. I could sing along to the music even with the telly on. At 1:10am I went downstairs to ask about the music and they quickly turned it down for me. This caused an additional problem, then I could could hear the people chatting word by word! The receptionist was great when I spoke to her. If we had known how loud the music would be, we would have asked to move rooms when we arrived. I was even tempted to drive home at 2am when I was still being kept awake.

1  Thank lucyc368