“Hidden gem in Rotherham”

The Sweet Escape Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Rotherham
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I was really impressed with the decor as we walked in and it had a real beach feel. It looked clean and tidy but lacked atmosphere as we were the only customers in there.

The people of Rotherham are certainly missing out as there are some very tasty treats on offer.

I think everything was reasonably priced including the drinks and the ice tea was really refreshing.

I think to make this place even better we need more variety as I was expecting more. My crepe was nice but lacked colour and I had an extra dollop of ice cream to go on the side which was extra. My friend said hers was delicious but lacked colour on the side.

Finally, the service was fantastic. He also allowed us to change an order for the fussy one amongst us.

I really hope this place continues to grow as Rotherham does not have much to offer and this is a hidden gem.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

At last managed to get all the family together for a visit. Even if it hadn't been a nice sunny day outside the tropical scenes on the screens would have cheered us up and of course grand-daughter still loves the sparkly floor.
We tried three different ice creams and loved them all. The portions are a really good size and perhaps the glasses were larger this time - we certainly weren't stinted.

1  Thank YorkshirePud_7
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Popped in here and had an ice cream and milk shake, slightly pricey for Rotherham but not excessively so. The ice cream was good but not great, had much better. The decor baffled me, one side was tastefully done the other side cheesy and naff, the plastic palm trees are seriously naff. I think this a chain so if it doesn't make money it will close. Nice staff.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We definitely wanted to escape served kids hotdogs covered in gherkins dried crispy onions An sea food sauce on a sweet baguette An the deserts were nothing like we expected just cheap buns no ice cream £53 pound for 6 kids aged for 2-9 was disgusting never ever go back

2  Thank colwhite
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for sweet treat before Rotherham Blackburn game.

Service was nice and friendly and very accommodating.

Food was lovely apple pie and ice cream and chocolate crepes.

Was very quiet for a Saturday but I'd like to think that was because of the weather.

Would visit against and recommend.