Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
US$93
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
Agoda.com
US$92
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews steak meal groupon voucher bottomless brunch staff great food gorgeous building afternoon tea bridal suite for sunday lunch lovely afternoon roast beef be visiting again cooked to perfection rotherham town centre birthday party bar area an evening meal great night
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2021

I had some business at a customer in Rotherham and I have previously used this hotel a good few times in the good old days when things were normal.
I have stayed for two nights this week and I have been amazed at the quality of the whole experience. No need to mention the rooms as you can look at the pictures. Enough to say they are absolutely fantastic, spotlessly clean, boutique style and very comfortable.
This review is about staying at a hotel during the current hard lockdown.
I have found in other hotels that the experience is completely ruined when it does not need to be. Hoteliers, pay a visit to this hotel and see how it CAN be done properly and still strictly follow all the rules. The check in experience was swift and socially distant with both parties adhering to the face covering rule. The beautiful breakfast and full restaurant menu for dinner are available and left outside your room for you to pick up. The food here is absolutely brilliant - even better than before lockdown when it was damn good. All home cooked and fresh with interesting choices ( again look at the pics on the hotel site). I have hated traveling for business during this Pandemic but my job means I sometimes have to but this hotel has made it much more bearable because they follow the rules properly but in a way where it seems kind of normal.
I will definitely continue to use the GW boutique hotel and urge other business travellers to do the same. Finally, one more good point is decent fast free wi fi - essential for e mails etc. The only slight negative point is parking. It is available of course but a little limited. There is street parking just around the corner however.
All in all a great experience at a difficult time.

Room tip: all rooms are individually decorated and it is an old building so solid walls = quiet
Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mark Casson, General Manager at George Wright Boutique Hotel Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 January 2021

Great hotel and friendly service - room well appointed, food excellent, very well organised under current COVID restrictions and good value. Last minute stay for business, ideally located in centre of town, will return and pleased to recommend.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your positive feedback and for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

George Wright Team

Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

We haven’t been since before lock down, but I’m pleased to say the food is still good. My hubby had the French onion soup to start, but the rest of us went straight to the mains. The Yorkshire puddings are huge. Great roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips... and I had forgotten how lovely cabbage is... not the red cabbage - that is just not my thing. In fact all three of us left red cabbage. Mainly we had roast beef, but hubby chose chicken... lovely. The food is consistently good. The one criticism I have is the gravy, it’s needed for the dinner, but it’s blumming awful, it tastes like a slightly milder version of the onion soup... but it’s too over powering... more beef juices needed and less onion. It was the same last time we went. Could you consider toning the gravy down as it does spoil the dinner.

Happy overall, but don’t like the gravy.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2020

Very impressed with the new outdoor area. This time we ate inside and had a fabulous meal. I had the Goats Cheese starter that was lightly fried in breadcrumbs with rocket and a salsa. Perfect flavour combinations, would definitely recommend. I had the Rump Steak that was spot on medium rare with mash potatoes, tomatoes, mushroom and a light salad. Was great and totally enjoyed every mouthful.
Will have to visit again to some of the other menu options I had to reluctantly pick between.
Staff were also very good and added to the excellent evening in this rather special old building in the middle of Rotherham. Also full marks for covid-secure systems and behaviour: met before entry, sanitiser, all staff wearing masks, required to wear masks while walking to table, all table service - 10/10.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 27 September 2020

Are you thinking of booking here for a birthday, wedding or special event , Thought I'd share our experience for a birthday meal.
I wish I could tell you that the venue is second to none, that the staff are friendly, attentive and want to make the evening a night to remember, that the wine is superb, the atmosphere and ambience comfortable and relaxing, the food exquisite and that at the end of the evening you walk away determined to revisit as soon as possible, to recommend to family, friends and business associates .......... But I can't since on arrival to attend for a birthday meal, looking forward to all of the expectations described above, we were told that yes they had our booking but sorry no table available, when instead of a sincere apology and an explanation about what has gone wrong and how they intend to put it right, you get a blank look,a shrug and an invite to sit outside in cold weather and "have a free drink" instead, that when you ask to speak to the manager the cretin in front of you says he IS the manager. Well what can I say, to be sat outside in the cold desperately trying to sort a alternative venue so that the evening is not completely ruined, for the "manager" to eventually come back to tell you you can have a table as if he has bestowed the gift of life, would you stay? No and neither did we. So if your looking for that special venue for that special event, ITS NOT HERE! Go elsewhere

Date of stay: September 2020