US$70
US$63
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$37
Hotels.com
US$51
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsaldi supermarketbeansstayed herefree wifimarstons pubhot itemshousing estatepub next doorhot foodrooms are largesofa bedgood sizeon arrivalair conditioningyogurtexcellent valuemodern hotel
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here in the hot weather in July so air conditioning was very important to us. We are usually great fans of HIE hotels but sadly not this time. Our first room was nice and cool but there was a faint smell of sewage in the bathroom and the toilet bowl was stained so we asked to change. Second room smelled musty as we walked in. Third room had an overpowering smell of sewage and a broken toilet bowl. Receptionist, who had been helping to carry our many bags along hot corridors, then said to save our legs, she would look at the rooms herself and find us an acceptable one. We waited as she went down the corridor on the first floor, opening and quickly shutting, half a dozen more rooms. One seemed promising at last – no smell but air conditioning wasn’t working. At this stage, hot and bothered, we decided that our original room was the least worst option. Receptionist brought us a fan but we didn’t need it and, as the smell was confined to the bathroom, we passed a reasonable night. Air conditioning was efficient and the bed very comfortable, nice shower and good bathroom fittings.

Breakfast itself was fabulous as always. The chairs were old and dreadfully uncomfortable, all you could feel was the wooden frame as you sat down. We, and other guests, partially solved this by borrowing cushions off the sofas in the lounge area.

When we came to check out, we were told that we would not be charged for the night due to issues experienced. Whilst we appreciated the gesture, we would much rather have had a pleasant, relaxing stay. All the staff we came into contact with – cleaners, breakfast, reception, duty managers – were excellent and I single out Hayley for special praise.

I would say this is a hotel with major problems which, reading between the lines, the owners are not prepared to spend the large sums of money needed to make it fit for purpose.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MillyMollyMandy01
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Never had a problem with the room, good air con, which has been especially welcome recently. An odd numbered room will put you the opposite side of quite a busy/noisy road. Food service is quick, hot, well presented and whilst the main menu doesn’t often change there are always specials on offer to tempt you.

Staff here are very friendly and welcoming.

One complaint - chairs in restaurant are worn, very saggy and unsupportive.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here just the one night. Check in was very quick, welcoming and polite staff. The room was clean and tidy. There was air conditioning but I was still very hot so asked for a fan and they brought one straight away. The bed was comfortable and had a good night sleep. My only complaint was the sink in the bathroom, it was blocked and when I pulled the plug out it was full of slime and other gunk! I didn't report it as I forgot about it until I was writing this review! The breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here lots of times, each time the stay has been better than the last, the check-in is swift and easy, the rooms easily located, comfortable beds (except this time, the wooden frame creaked when you moved)

Breakfast was fantastic, the hot food was tasty and hot, not like some places where it's tepid.

Good choice of cold foods too.

The only down side that meant I didn't give 5 stars, is the disabled parking, not one car that was parked in the disabled bays had blue badges, meaning I had to drop my wife close to the front door then park the car in the almost empty car park.

Definitely recommend this hotel and will be staying again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my baby over night, I was relieved to know the room had air conditioning as it had been a hot day however even when it was on 18oc the room was really warm. My baby ended up having to sleep in just a nappy as it was unbearable and wouldn’t settle. Otherwise the hotel was up to usual holiday inn standard. One thing to note is the hotel is opposite a supermarket car park. At 9.30pm a lad in a golf gti was sat in the car park opposite our room with all the windows open playing r&b at full blast. He was waiting to pick someone up from work and after hanging around the car park for 1/2 hour he eventually went.. but there can be noise from the car park. If I used the hotel again I’d ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family