US$70
US$59
US$53
Red Lion Inn(Todwick)
US$61
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$57
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Welcome Inn(Rotherham)
Rockingham Arms(Rotherham)
All reviewsdvd playerladies nightspa facilitiesfour postersteam roomwowcher dealhen partysky sportstrouser pressgreat nightevening mealbreakfast staffironing boardboth morningsshort breakfood was lovelyenjoyable stay
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Met up with family and friends for a Pre-Christmas Party, hotel was very busy with lots of parties and I am amazed the staff coped so well with all different parties going on at the same time! The food was good although the veg was a little cool by the time it arrived as the staff served it as silver service, it would have been better served already plated up. Our room as very nice, clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. A good hotel for parties, though not sure I would like to stay there at this time of the year just as a couple.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Many thanks for your review following your visit for a pre-Christmas party. The hotel is exceptionally busy, especially at this time of year; however, we have rooms appointed away from the noise of the disco and so you can still enjoy a quiet weekend away and not be disturbed! Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Attended a Christmas lunch on Wednesday 9th December which included a performance by a Buddy Holly tribute artist. Everyone was very friendly and efficient with plenty of smiling faces! The food was excellent and the service terrific. To put the icing on the cake the entertainment was the best I've seen here and I've been many times! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback on our Buddy Holly lunch which we hosted earlier this month. The cabaret act and lunch we both well received and will be returning in 2016 because of the good feedback. Keep an eye out for our Golden Years' calendar which runs throughout the year and features a variety of cabaret artists such as Frank Sinatra, Neil Diamond and the Abba Girls. See you soon!

Reviewed 9 December 2015

I went out to the Carlton park hotel for my mums 70th birthday. We booked a room for 20 people so it would be a private affair. On arrival into our room I noticed how cold it was. They told us it would warm up quickly but it never really got comfortable all night. The food was ok, nothing special but not under par either. The bulk of the staff were ok but when I asked one of the younger female members of staff if I could have another pint of lager she gave me directions to the bar!! Not 4 star treatment at all.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank yorkie11111

Thank you for awarding us 3 stars and for your feedback. As I am sure you can appreciate, warmth is subjective - one person's 'freezing' is another person's 'just right'. I apologise that you found the room too cold. On banqueting events we do direct people to the nearby bar for drinks as it is difficult to offer individual table service. We hope to see you again in 2016.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

I have stayed at this hotel several times now on business but my stay in November 2015 will be my last. The hotel is dated and needs upgraded in certain parts.

The food was only average at best and the waiter knocked a pint of beer over me and two colleagues ruining our evening, he was very apologetic and offered to dry clean our clothes but it was still a rotten experience.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and say at a better hotel
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Jason G, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

Thank you for your recent review following your stays with us on business. I am concerned to hear your comments, especially as they have been formed after multiple visits. We do value loyal guests who return week in and week out and so I would much appreciate it if you could contact me to discuss your views further on 01709 849955. Thanks, Jason

Reviewed 4 December 2015

Booked into this hotel looking for a base for myself and colleagues - possible 12 guys for the next 9 months. so i was advance guard trying it out.

Booked a double - got a small twin room with 2 beds pushed together as there was no room to split them.

Room adequate - bit weathered. Clean but not spotless - it appear s the cleaner wipes the shelves but as her hand doesnt reach the back its pilled in dust.
Loo is bit on the small side but adequate.

Bed was comfortable with plenty cushions and decent pillows - but again i ordered double not a single.

Security - very good. you need a card to get to the corridors (or simply tailgate someone).

If the objective is to get a good nights sleep - this hotel fails the guest. It allows dogs. So opposite me there was a Pug in the room on its own barking for 3 hours. Hotel tried to calm it - but the owners were in the bar as obviously didnt care. Why the hotel didn't evict them i don't know. Noticed the dog quiet on second night.

Corridor noise is high too - doors banging all night.

Facilities - food and bar is good. Good breakfast too. Actually evening food is really good. great portions and well cooked.

Pool - actually lets call it a large bath. Water temp ok. Hot tub good too. Sauna - bust. Steam Room - bust. You need to have reception buzz you in - which they did to me. I couldnt locate the towels and went back to reception who then gave me a towel. why they couldnt have done this when they buzzed me in first time i dont know.

Car park - large park with loads round back of hotel.

Location - seems ok. i didnt explore as was here for work.

So will we use this hotel - nope - because it is sleep we want. Cant have dogs barking and doors banging all night and if order a double - i expect a double.

No WIFI in room either

Its an average 3 start hotel with good food.

Room Tip: I hear there are no dogs on the top floors so go for one of them i guess.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the experience and had issues with noise disturbances. Our doors are shortly to be fitted with soft closing hinges as a result of guest feedback. Regarding our policy on dogs, we do allow guests to bring small dogs as, for some, it is not possible to leave them at home. Unfortunately, some guests are not as considerate as they might be when it comes to keeping their pets quiet and I apologise for this impacting upon your stay. Your feedback has been shared with the team and I hope that you will reconsider your decision not to stay with us again as I know that you enjoyed the food and found the rooms to be of a good standard.