Rockingham Arms(Rotherham)
US$42
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$47/night.

The Welcome Inn(Rotherham)
US$48
US$47
TripAdvisor
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Can't really complain about the hotel as it was so cheap. The hotel was quite clean but the walls are paper thin. You could hear other residents very easily and clearly. Good parking and a 5 minute drive From the town.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank The-away-man
Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

Booked through booking.com, noticed the check in was 10:00-23:00. I knew I would be arriving later than that so clicked the link on the confirmation email, spoke to a helpful lady who said they had 24hr porters so not a problem.

Arrived at 1am, no one answering the phone or door-stood outside in -1degree weather waiting for ages before giving up and paying to stay somewhere else for the night.

Turned up the next morning to be told I called the wrong number (despite using the booking confirmation link). I was in a rush to get to work so left it at that.

Arrived at my room after work at 22:15 and the bathroom smelled as though someone was smoking in it there an then! Called the owner who arrived to tell me someone must be smoking in their room downstairs and the ventilation to the rooms is linked. He was told me he would knock on the rooms underneath but thought one guy was asleep. My response was if he is smoking then shouldn't be asleep-and if he is asleep wake him up to stop us all burning in our beds!

The shower that night was stinking of smoke and the shower kicked out less water than a dribbling child. I tried to have a bath but after 40 mins of running the tap with less than an inch of water in the bath I gave up.

Arrived back to the room lastnight at 22:30 to find a little fan heater on the floor, didn't think much of it until went to get a shower this morning before work. No hot water. So I had a freezing cold shower which was prolonged by the fact the water tricked out of the tap/head.

Unsurprisingly the hotel is not-and has not been answering their phones.

Don't stay here unless you don't want to wash, enjoy cigarette smoke and have no intentions of relaxing. At all.

Would rather sleep in my car than this place again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed 28 January 2016

You can only currently book this hotel through Booking.com as refurbishments of the main house continue and your accommodation is in a separate annexe at the back which reminded me of sixties-built social housing. (see the previous review by Haydon-Berrow which describes your first perceptions perfectly). The accommodation was nevertheless, more than adequate providing all the basics for a very comfortable and quiet stay almost opposite Rotherham Hospital where I had a meeting. I also had the option to leave my car at the Brecon the next day saving me over £8 hospital car parking charges. The welcome at reception was very friendly and you were then left in peace dropping the hotel key in the post box the following morning. As mentioned by the previous reviewer, the walls are very thin but I was quite lucky as there was no disturbance after 10.30pm. I paid £35 for a single room (there is no breakfast) but I think all the rooms in the annexe are doubles anyway.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ThePBTrainerLeeds
Reviewed 29 November 2015

I found and booked this hotel by searching on-line. The picture of the hotel is misleading because it appears to have been under refurbishment for over a year, all the accommodation is in a modern disconnected annexe at the back. I arrived and parked at the front but I had been advised by another review to leave my luggage in the car. I rang the bell at the entrance and was quickly met and given my key. Reception was friendly and I didn't meet or need to meet any staff again, I dropped my key into a box when I left.

Parking was ample at the back and my room overlooked the car park.

The room was basic but clean and was on the upper floor of two. There was a desk, a telephone, a small television and a kettle. I had booked and paid for a single room but the bed was a double anyway.The room was warm but the weather was mild anyway so this wasn't a real test. There was ample hot water but the shower-pressure was low.

I looked in the greetings folder for the password for the free wifi and didn't find it (and the pages were so sticky that I had to wash my hands afterwards) but when I went to the phone to ask for the password I found that full details were posted above the phone. Very sensible, someone had clearly thought about this.

There is no breakfast service at all but I knew this and had come prepared. There is a Tesco Express just on the other side of the road and that's where I bought supper.

If I return to Sheffield then I'd be very happy to stay here again, I regard it as good value for money. The only fault is that the walls in the annexe are very thin and other residents can be clearly heard, light sleepers may find this difficult.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Haydon-Berrow
Reviewed 23 October 2015

As a contractor I have racked up some experience staying in B&B's, budget hotels, independents and chains. So i've a lot to compare this too and the past 2 years have been in and around Sheffield / Rotherham. So lets begin.

The rooms smell "foisty", just old, dusty and poorly kept. The bedding smelt the same but more noticeable. Second thing I noticed was that the windows didn't shut very well (old latch shut) one loose. When trying to warm the place up there is only the radiators which seem to be on a timed system so once it was off, it was off.

The bathroom is basic but poor. Hot water yes but the shower apparatus was useless, the mixer loose and the water pressure non existent. Add to that the towels were changed once in 4 nights and a bath handle was missing.

The bed itself is a good size but the mattress feels as if it is just a thick old material base. There is no spring it it, just lumpy and soft - not good for your back. Oh and the walls are paper thin - every night I listen to my neighbor talk to his wife on the phone and then in the morning I wake before my alarm goes off because I hear his phone vibrating on the wooden side table.

There it ends. I've certainly been in dirtier places but that's as good as I can say unfortunately.

Also the "hotel" out front isn't. That's because it's "under renovation" apparently. I remember reading this long ago. No works seem to be going on however unless the owners are having their home done because the "motel" to the back is certainly not being renovated and no guests are staying in the front building. I find this dishonest.

Room Tip: You could probably find better
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo