“Dissapointing”

Ranked #112 of 526 Restaurants in Colchester
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Just had a great meal like we have many times before, could not fault the food, but the service was shocking, first the waitress dropped the plates while clearing the table, then we ordered our dessert at 2.55pm waited till 3.25 before asking where it was, just coming was the reply it did after another 10 min,s. So sorry for the bad report but that,s the way it was and it was not that busy.Good Friday lunchtime.

Customerservice6271, Public Relations Manager at Yew Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Gazza006,
Thank you for your submission, and we are sorry that you had such a long wait for your desserts, and that the waitress dropped the plates, although I am sure you would agree that this was not done on purpose.
With regard to the wait, we should have informed you that there was a wait on food as we were at full capacity with over 150 guests in the bar on the way to watch Colchester play football. We had not expected them, nor was it planned. So please accept our apologies for this and hope you will come back and see us.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Food on menu sounds nice but I don't believe the chef can cook his 'chef inspired' dishes. Small portions, badly executed and overpriced. We were very disappointed with our fish dishes. Would not recommend at all.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
2  Thank 502andy
Customerservice6271, General Manager at Yew Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear 502andy,

Thank your for your submission, and please accept my apologies as your visit to the Yew Tree did not meet up to your expectations. Unfortunately however, I have little or no information as to when you came in, or the meals you ordered. In this connection, if you would like to call me on 01206 273450, and let me have that information, I will gladly investigate further on your behalf.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Eugene Paul McGivern

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Visited once before mothers day and was great. Decided to book for mothers day but unfortunately there was a fire and my booking was cancelled. No big deal,things happen. However it's now the 29th of March and my deposit has still not been refunded. I've called twice,to be told it's head office blah blah. Was also told I could pop in and get the cash but living in Ipswich, I don't think so. Please just refund my money already, no more excuses!!

1  Thank 13orson

Dear 13Orson,
Thank you for your request concerning Mothers Day. I can only apologise as we had been informed by our H.O. that all deposits had been dealt with. Unfortunately I cannot trace your booking from your trip Advisor name, so if you could please let me have it I will personally deal with this myself on Tuesday morning. In order to facilitate this, please could you send me your booking details to pub e-mail address: 6271@greeneking co.uk where I will be able to pick them up.

Eugene Paul McGivern

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Visited last week after booking on line. the whole experience was enjoyable ,great staff and great food that was good value for money.
we will be going back

Customerservice6271, Guest Relations Manager at Yew Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear James,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you had such a great time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Amazing food as always. Good service. Will definitely be going back. The new cookie bake desert is so good.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for leaving a review, I am glad you had great time with us, and yes the cookie bake is delicious....

Regards