“The Turf! The place to come!”

Hungry Horse - The Turf Tavern
Ranked #3 of 45 Quick Bites in Carlisle
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

The Turf! Some place come 3/4 times a week love it. Good substantial meals and pints with the footy. Would highly recommend

Date of visit: December 2020
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Hungry Horse - The Turf Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Hi Haddock17

Thank you for your positive 5 star review. Im glad you enjoy coming here for the footy and definitely pints. We can’t wait To see you again soon.

Yarn , General Manager

Write a reviewReviews (819)

Reviewed 7 December 2020 via mobile

Yarn has been absolutely amazing! He’s a great host in and out of work!
I usually come in with my partner and group of friends, we love coming in to the pub for the quizzes on a Sunday night. With the new restrictions they are always able to have on on tables close to each other which is very much appreciated.
During lockdown, doing Yarns quiz online has definitely kept us sane.
Upon returning as a customer it’s great to see staff are ensuring we are keeping safe distances, wearing face masks, and sanitizer is stationed throughout the pub.
Food is always amazing and definitely great value for money.
Thankyou so much for your service.

Date of visit: December 2020
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Hungry Horse - The Turf Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

Hi Ichigox020

Thank you for your very kind review. We all work as a team here so it’s great that shows. I’m so pleased you enjoy our food and we appreciate your custom. The quizzes will still keep coming regardless of lockdowns.
Thank you for your 5 star review and we can’t wait to see you again.

Reviewed 6 December 2020

Well come back to the turf after lock down and all I can say is the staff was amazing and so was the food never felt so happy and safe in a place like this all that’s all thanks to faith with her amazing attitude to work and putting customers befor her well done faitb

Date of visit: December 2020
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Hungry Horse - The Turf Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Hi Liuwoods99

Thank you so much for you review. And especially as it was 5 stars. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your food and ill be sure to pass on you kind comments to faith.

Reviewed 6 December 2020

Went to hungry horse yesterday after work and the food was amazing as always . I got to the front desk and was greeted by Faith with a big smile on her face making me feel safe and welcoming and asking how I would like to order my food,after she had taken me me to my seat she was more than happy to try and answer all my questions I had about the menu ect... all the staff was amazing and the turf was amazing but I think faith was amazing at what she.

1  Thank Reiisco9

Hi Reiisco9

Thank you so much for your 5 star review . In glad you enjoyed your stay . I’ll be sure to pass on the amazing comments on faith .
We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

Returned to Hungry Horse (The Turf) today for the first time since lockdown lifted .... very well managed , perfectly clean , food and staff amazing as always! Keep up the good work guys ... you are doing it just right!

Hi MissDebs_xx

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and so please that you gave is 5 stars. We can’t wait to see you when you next return and thank you For this review