“Great food and experience”

The Lochnagar Indian Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Ballater
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Lochnagar Indian Brasserie is widely regarded as one of the best Indian restaurant in Ballater. We pride ourselves on serving award winning, traditional Indian cuisine and best customer service. Varieties in curries and customer satisfaction is our capital. Aromatic spices and exotic ingredients, coupled with traditional family curry recipes passed from generation to generation makes dining at The Lochnagar a truly unique experience. Our emphasis on family history and tradition ensures that only the choicest ingredients are selected for use within our dishes, and we're sure you'll agree that the resulting flavors and textures cannot be surpassed by many other Indian restaurants in Ballater. Whether you're planning to visit our restaurants to celebrate a special occasion, a corporate event, or just enjoy a high quality curry takeaway on a Friday night, The Lochnagar will meet your every culinary need. Reservations can be made and ordered by telephoning the restaurants direct. Thank you for visiting The Lochnagar Indian Brasserie website.
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal here - the range of options is really good and there are a number of unusual choices which we went for and were amazing. Peshwari naan is to die for here. Service really good too.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

One of our family's favorite meals this past 2 weeks in UK!! Great flavor! I loved the fresh local salmon too!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My hubby and I were staying up the road at The Hilton Lodges. Keen to see what was about,we trooped down to Ballater having looked into TA. We were not disappointed.

I can only rave about the Scallops with mint... Padina, I think they were called. I enjoyed monkfish and prawns with a lime infused sauce. Fabulous. We returned before the end of our week. We then tried the Tandoori salmon..... That good.

An interesting variety of rice. Tasty peshwari naan.

Further, I recommend the rose wine.

The staff were friendly and the offer of more sauces and pickles and a complimentary Cointreau at the end of the night was lovely.

We so enjoyed this restaurant and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We pondered where to eat one night before picking the Lochnagar.
It was fortunate that a table was available as we had not booked it advance and the restaurant was busy.
The menu was interesting and it took a while to choose from what was on offer.
Opting for something different I decided on sesame chicken as a starter. For main course I followed with Afghan Chana Bhuna on Chicken Tikka served with Lemon/Cashew Rice. All was delicious.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We loved this place. We went back a second time when we were staying nearby. Wonderful service and food.