See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel might have been nice in the 80s but it has had no money spent on it since.
On arrival you walk into a dark dingy reception to check in.
Carry your bags up a few steps and you’ll find a small lift which is dirty and old. If you take the stairs There are holes in almost every step where the carpet has worn away over the years.
To the room. The room was old and dated and had a funny smell. The furniture looked like it made in WW1 and the chair in the room had barely any upholstery left on it because it had been worn away. The bed seemed to have a suspicious amount of dog hair on which made me think that maybe the sheets were not all washed before our stay or maybe they’d been dragged around the floor as the bed was made???
The bathroom seemed clean enough but was dated and the light above the mirror was broken.
Pay £20 more and go to a travel lodge.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank geeman772018
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

This is the worst place I v ever been too and should be knocked down , the smell of stale fags when you walk in ,
We went up to the room & I couldn’t believe my eyes , ripped curtains , dirty bedding , thread bear carpet , black windows with dirt and the roof top below the window covered in beer bottles cans etc ... I said I’m not staying here , the receptionist was lovely ,( sorry don’t know her name , thinking Joy ...
she was lovely and sent us too the sister hotel holiday inn, which was a huge improvement and lovely staff , restaurant staff really helpful too , thanks for arranging that , or I would of stayed in the airport for 12 hours , I was definitely not staying here , find it hard to believe it’s open this place ... and I v heard since it’s used for refugees which is again not fair .. this place isn’t suitable for function ....

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank lisa402015
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Went here with my family in April 2018. Wish I had seen other review's before as we definitely would not have stayed here. It was absolutely awful. Dirty rooms. Lights hanging off the walls. Torn curtains and so on and so on and we had to pay £122 up front for 2 nights. Clearly they make you pay on arrival as you definitely would not pay on leaving. Wrote to the Brittania group when we got back home and they didn't even acknowledge my email. Wrote to them again in May and STILL no response. People out there please avoid the Brittania group and go to Travelodge instead

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2018

The staff at this hotel are very good and efficient but the hotel itself is very tired and dated. It was unfortunate that the night we stayed was very warm because we couldn't open a window and there was no fan in the room. Therefore it was very stuffy!!! Also our door knob was not attached to the door properly and this made locking and unlocking difficult! It was only later the next day that we saw an article in the Times saying that Britannia are the worst hotel group as voted for the past 5 years. I think I can see why!

Room Tip: Can't really say....
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Not a lot to say about this place other than,, Don't please don't stay here,,could without any doubt have put a very dark cloud over what should of been the start of my holiday,,,very old and tired looking building,,, furniture from the fifties or before,,carpets seen there day,, receptionist not one bit welcoming or particularly helpful,,no bar as they had no staff to open it,, other guest's had taken things into there own hands and brought beer and wine from a local supermarket,,others brought in food from various local takeaways,,can't believe I'd paid good money for this complete debarcl,,

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple